diesel fuel conspiracy?

Help Support CattleToday:

Our "local" CO-OP manager has Farm Diesel priced at 2.88 and Road Diesel priced at 3.42!! That may not sound like a lot in some areas but it is here! He is gouging his prices on old shipments. A couple of local Farmers & Ranchers have turned him into the Oklahoma Corporation Commission, Oklahoma States Attorney General, and Oklahoma Department of Agriculture. Also they are talking about starting a petition to have him removed as manager of the CO-OP. Sounds like they will be doing that sometime in the next couple of weeks. They don't know if it will work or not beens it has to go to the CO-OP board and all but they sound stern and happy about it. They say enough is enough. The manager has been doing this to the local farmers around here for 10 years and I guess they are getting tired of it finally. It does not affect us that bad because we go to Kansas for our gasoline and diesel.

But I feel sorry for the farmers that have no choice but to buy fuel there. He is starting to hike his prices on his feed and services also!

Is anyone else having these problems with their CO-OPs or has anyone had this problem in the past?

They say natural gas prices are going to be 50% higher this winter to how does the weather and anything else impact the price of a gas well and pipelines allready in place.

D.R. Cattle":15irbktr said:
Diesel running 3.30 to 3.60 a gallon while super unleaded is 3.05? What the ehck is going on? I know diesel is in higher demand during colder months, but isn't it a little premature for that? Seems to me like the oil folks are passing the real costs on to farmers and commercial operators, the true users of diesel, so the average gasoline using citizen can quiet their voices a little. Someone correct me with a legitimate reason please. If I am not mistaken, diesel is about the easiest of fuels to percolate. I'm so disgusted I'm on a new mission to build a DIY biodiesel rig. Nothing like the smell of french fries coming from your tailpipe! Comments/suggestions?

Converting diesel to gasoline to meet demands.

D.R. Cattle":2i044ts6 said:
My backbone hurts when you compare us to CALI.
I understand what you're saying. That was a low blow, even though I believe it to be true where offshore drilling is concerned. Still, it was an unnecessary comparison and I apologize for making it. I didn't mean it personally, just some of your elected officials and enviro-wacko citizens. I know that Floridians like you and Chris and flaboy probably aren't really represented by those officials. One of these days, you guys will be forced out by the hordes of migrating idiots.

Thanks Camp. Unfortunately, every change in diesel has a huge impact on everything that moves. I guess they're hoping it will be a short term effect.

D.R. Cattle":k06advey said:
Thanks Camp. Unfortunately, every change in diesel has a huge impact on everything that moves. I guess they're hoping it will be a short term effect.

D.R. I think it will probablly be six months before things settle down. We couldn't of had 2 worse hurricanes for the oil supply system and refining infrastucture to the country.

[quote One of these days, you guys will be forced out by the hordes of migrating idiots.[/quote]

Well, I think my time has come. If the contract on my place goes through, I will be OK bound on 11/29.

Chris

ffscj":3e9esffx said:
Well, I think my time has come. If the contract on my place goes through, I will be OK bound on 11/29.
That's great news, Chris. Hope all goes well for you. Some of the best people in the World are in Oklahoma.

Texan":pz6ikntp said:
ffscj":pz6ikntp said:
That's great news, Chris. Hope all goes well for you. Some of the best people in the World are in Oklahoma.

Thanks Texan, I'm really looking forward to the move.

Chris

Crowderfarms":33dow3vu said:
2800 sq. feet and two stories. Cant heat the whole place with just the wood burning stove.At least when it drops into the 20's for several days.

You need to get an outdoor woodstove my house is 32x54 log full basement and 2 stories high we heat with an outdoor boiler also heat the shop its 30x64 12' sidewall and in the winter 20 degrees is warm..good luck

Crowderfarms":20bpdrea said:
What did it run you cost wise?

My total system cost $9000 but my house alone burned 3000 gallons of propane a year and the shop 1500 so 4500x 1.34 prebuy price this year $6030.We have lots of free wood here cleanup slashing piles behind loggers or dead trees in wooded pastures.It also heats my hot water.

ffscj":14ehoemv said:
[quote One of these days, you guys will be forced out by the hordes of migrating idiots.

Chris[/quote]

I hear you loud and clear. I've got my place listed and if I get a sale I'm North Carolina bound. Looks like the crackers are giving up on Florida. 2 out of 3 natives I talk to are in the process or considering a move to a quieter place. Land and taxes just too dang expensive for farmers anymore.

D.R. Cattle":38x3jx53 said:
ffscj":38x3jx53 said:
[quote One of these days, you guys will be forced out by the hordes of migrating idiots.

Chris

I hear you loud and clear. I've got my place listed and if I get a sale I'm North Carolina bound. Looks like the crackers are giving up on Florida. 2 out of 3 natives I talk to are in the process or considering a move to a quieter place. Land and taxes just too dang expensive for farmers anymore.[/quote said:
DR, the Florida that we were born into is not the Florida of today. I thought I'd be isolated moving inland but it appears that it followed me. I decided to get while the gettin' was good. One thing for sure we better like where we go because we will never be able to afford to move back :)

Chris

Florida has become the Can State
AmeriCans
South AmeriCans
Peurto RiCans
Afro AmeriCans
And a few dozen more Nationalities Crammed into a Peninsula created for about 1/10th of the population living there. My Mom's side hails from North FL. From way on back. The Cracker is about extinct nowadays. Lots of them have moved this way.Lower Property Taxes, and a lot more bang for your Bucks.

Hey Crowder, I have not moved away. :lol: I am looking into some land beside you so I can open an expansion to my B&B. I figure they won't have to travel as far so it will be more popular. I am also telling everyone how friendly you are towards snowbirds and how you like to sit and talk for hours with them and how you soooooooo much appreciate any help and advice they can lend to your operation. I am booking reservations out two years already. Now all I have to do is actually buy a place. :p

DR, the Florida that we were born into is not the Florida of today. I thought I'd be isolated moving inland but it appears that it followed me. I decided to get while the gettin' was good. One thing for sure we better like where we go because we will never be able to afford to move back

I've never heard a more accurate description of the way I feel. I've been a die hard Florida man all my life. Think about it. We can grow crops year round, grazing crops included. We are fishing for snook and redfish while others are packed in by the wood stove all night. We can slip off to the Bahamas in our own personal watercraft. Airboats and alligators. Darn shame it's come to this, but you speak the sentiment of most just like ourselves.

flaboy+":22xvputd said:
Hey Crowder, I have not moved away. :lol: I am looking into some land beside you so I can open an expansion to my B&B. I figure they won't have to travel as far so it will be more popular. I am also telling everyone how friendly you are towards snowbirds and how you like to sit and talk for hours with them and how you soooooooo much appreciate any help and advice they can lend to your operation. I am booking reservations out two years already. Now all I have to do is actually buy a place. :p
Allright, Let's get this straight. You want to "Branch Out" the B&B, here to Tennessee.Is this an oppotunity for employment for me? To talk for hours to the Snowbirds? I'll have to pass. I hardly have enough time to talk to myself. As far as any available land, that's out of the question. BUT, I will pass the idea around at our next "Community" meeting we have. Just dont get your hopes up.With all the Crackers moving out of Fl., you should have no problem with bookings. What you ought to be doing is getting some of your snowbirds to buy D.R.'s place and get him out of that "Can State"

Crowderfarms":1dd737w1 said:
Allright, Let's get this straight. You want to "Branch Out" the B&B, here to Tennessee.Is this an oppotunity for employment for me? To talk for hours to the Snowbirds? I'll have to pass. I hardly have enough time to talk to myself. As far as any available land, that's out of the question. BUT, I will pass the idea around at our next "Community" meeting we have. Just dont get your hopes up.With all the Crackers moving out of Fl., you should have no problem with bookings. What you ought to be doing is getting some of your snowbirds to buy D.R.'s place and get him out of that "Can State"

Employment opportunity? Heck no, the birds just want to hinder your progress by making suggestions and giving advice. They actually think you should pay them for their wealth of knowledge. As far as D.R. goes, I'm sure he can handle the "Cans" as he is a good ol cracker.

If they keep putting more and more yanks in local government in my area, I may have to move out myself or end up in jail. At least they have put a 5 acre restriction for building on in my area. They say "we want to maintain the agricultural environment in that area". Yeah sure and then they say you have to have a fence permit. I just laugh at them.

Most of us don't pay any attention to their "new ordinances". If they come around we just drive off to the back of a pasture and they won't follow because they are scared of those wild animals out there.:lol:

Latest posts