Did Jogee Cut Hay?

Help Support CattleToday:

Did Jogee Cut Hay?

• Yes

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Got the equipment greased and ready to go (or possibly tore up)

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If he's like everyone around here, the second it starts to thunder they drop what ever they are doing and cut down a hundred acres. I don't understand why folks want watch the weather. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Nope. I got it all rolled just before the rain. Give me about three weeks and I'll be at it again if the worms don't eat it all. They are bad this year. I've been moving hay out of the fields. To me, this is about the most boring job in the world. I'm thinking about selling the next cutting off two fields in the field cause I don't think I'll need it. Things sure did change from the first of the summer till now. People are still going to run short of hay this year but this is mostly due to people getting out of the hay business and plowing the fields up to plant that high priced cotton and beans.

I had mine baled week before last. Put liquid nitrogen and some intrepid army worm treatment on it last week. Got 4/10ths Monday night and missed that yesterday. Slim chances in the forecast.

I got 2 inches on it last night. Saw some cowbirds in the fields today and saw the moon was about full. Should have walked the fields to check for worms but I don't think I'm over getting bear caught yesterday.

ga.prime":2ko7zluw said:
Bear caught means he got too hot.

Yeah. Sorry about that. Started out as only a little cub on my back then he got me a few hours later. I felt bad. It sucks when you quit sweating and begin shivering and cramping and its only 100 degrees outside. I need me a desk job.

kenny thomas":21s6rzyp said:
Getting a little tender in your adult years huh. Too much AC.

I was thinking almost the exact same thing but my wording was something like, "I'm getting too dam old for this $hit". One day I'm going to make enough money so I can live in Canada during the summer and south georgia in the winter.

You would be any more good at sitting at a desk all dat than the rest of us..I don't see it happening

hooknline":djhzncy1 said:
You would be any more good at sitting at a desk all dat than the rest of us..I don't see it happening
I don't know....one might be surprised how easy it is to be lazy when the economics prove that to be more effective.... :p One even can find time to vacation in Florida during peak hay season when there isn't any hay to bale or to grow. Kinda do have to plan a little on how to get it OUT of the barn and to the PASTURES rather than the other way around....

Latest posts