Dental woes!

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
Oh woe is me!

Had a broken tooth that I finally had to deal with. Went to have it pulled last Friday. Of course, I waited until I couldn't stand it anymore and ended up at the only place I could find, let's just call it the Walmart of Dentistry.

So this Chinese guy pulls the tooth. No problems. I'm all numb. I've never had any issues with extractions before. Had three wisdom teeth pulled and went to work the next day and all that...

Well, this had to be different... Friday night, I'm in agony. Saturday, face is swollen and I can't open my mouth. Call the WOD, (walmart o' denistry), which tells me that they are closing in thirty minutes, otherwise, I'm SOL.

Well, I call my regular dentist, who prescribes some nice hydrocodone, and anti biotics. I think I'm set. Make an appointment for follow-up on Monday.

Monday rolls around, I look like Marlon Brando in The Godfather, only worse... I'm in complete agony. Regular dentist sends me to oral surgeon, who plants a tube in my jaw to drain the infection. Stronger anti biotics and pain killers. I miss three days of work.

I'm back today. I look more like Al Pacino after that cop broke his jaw in the same movie as mentioned above... Lots of bruising. Swelling. Going back today to have tube removed, hopefully.

Moral, don't put off the dental stuff. I'm still hurting.

sorry to hear that lammie.sounds like that tooth shouldve been cut out to start with.

Lammie, :wave: Tuesday n Friday I'm a little lite dentist, you should have made an appointment.
A good fifth of Moonshine will help.

Got what felt like about ten foot of rubber tubing removed from my jaw yesterday. It was really about 3 inches worth, but that's enough. Nasty... :( I do feel better today. Still have the swelling and the bruises but I just tell folks that I got into a bad fight and they should see the other guy. Anti biotics have killed my taste buds. Everything tastes kinda like grits...

Isomade":2b30ag6s said:
You let a Chinaman at Wal-Mart pull your tooth? :banana: :banana:

At that point, I'd have let Curtis pull it. In fact, should have. He couldn't have done any worse.

Lammie":1i0mwfee said:
Got what felt like about ten foot of rubber tubing removed from my jaw yesterday. It was really about 3 inches worth, but that's enough. Nasty... :( I do feel better today. Still have the swelling and the bruises but I just tell folks that I got into a bad fight and they should see the other guy. Anti biotics have killed my taste buds. Everything tastes kinda like grits...
really :shock: i love grits :cowboy:

You probably had a infected nerve,and pulling the tooth aggravated the whole area, glad it worked out for you, even though it was bad for several days.

GMN

Lammie":1qo1f35l said:
Isomade":1qo1f35l said:
You let a Chinaman at Wal-Mart pull your tooth? :banana: :banana:

At that point, I'd have let Curtis pull it. In fact, should have. He couldn't have done any worse.

R U sure? :shock:

Sounds like a mess, hang in there Lammie.

Dang girl, sounds like you've had a rough time. I think I have more trouble with everything as I get older, what used to heal right up take forever now. When I was 30 it seemed like stuff healed over night, now everything gets worse for a week before it even thinks about getting better.

Anyway I hope the worst is over and you'll start to feel better :heart: .

Larry

> Moral, don't put off the dental stuff. I'm still hurting.

Seems to me the moral of the story is not to go to a Walmart Dentist. However finding a good, reasonably priced dentist is a headache in itself.

Hope your ordeal is over soon. :help:

gimpyrancher":1z4y9vid said:
> Moral, don't put off the dental stuff. I'm still hurting.

Seems to me the moral of the story is not to go to a Walmart Dentist. However finding a good, reasonably priced dentist is a headache in itself.Hope your ordeal is over soon. :help:
Not only reasonnably priced, but honest,

i got a honest dentist,that knows what he is doing.he started out charging me $90 to $120 for cleaning an exam 4 times a year.so i finally told him since your charging that every 3 months,just put me down for every 6 months.because im not paying that no more.so he went from $90 pre cleaning down to $45 to keep me coming 4x a year.he told me i was a tough old devil,an i told him i was tired of bleeding money into his pocket.

bigbull338":3f62pxsv said:
i got a honest dentist,that knows what he is doing.he started out charging me $90 to $120 for cleaning an exam 4 times a year.so i finally told him since your charging that every 3 months,just put me down for every 6 months.because im not paying that no more.so he went from $90 pre cleaning down to $45 to keep me coming 4x a year.he told me i was a tough old devil,an i told him i was tired of bleeding money into his pocket.

I thought you said you were smooth mouth now.

I'm doing a lot better today. Anti biotics causing more issues than anything. Bruise is almost gone now.

Latest posts