Del Rio Texas / Acuna Mx.

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
I'm supposed to go to Acuna, Mx. in a week or so on business. I may stay in Del Rio or Acuna. Are there any CT members from that area that can suggest good eating places or things to do in the evening on my down time?

HOSS":1vyf6qs2 said:
I'm supposed to go to Acuna, Mx. in a week or so on business. I may stay in Del Rio or Acuna. Are there any CT members from that area that can suggest good eating places or things to do in the evening on my down time?

When I was growing up, Acuna was always referred to boy's town...with a snicker and a sneer. Sooooo, anything I've ever heard of to do there was illicit... :shock:

Also, right now, Mexican border towns across the TX border might not be places to go wandering and sightseeing right now...little things like drug wars, kidnappings, mass killings...

If you just have to go to Acuna, stay in Del Rio...and get the marines to go with you when you have to cross over into Acuna.

Alice

i'm not from there but lake amistad is a really good big bass lake.(stay on the texas side)
and another thing i'm sure you already know, but do not attempt to take a gun to mexico..
i know a guy that had a rifle he kept behind the seat of his pickup and forgot about it while crossing the border.
that cost him some time and a lot of money.(he had to pay lots of officials to get out of jail)

I may be wrong but I heard that Acuna is safe in comparison to Juarez, Tijuana, Nogales etc. I have heard of 'Boys Town' but my wife would kill me if I went there :mrgreen:

HOSS":20etoi4u said:
I may be wrong but I heard that Acuna is safe in comparison to Juarez, Tijuana, Nogales etc. I have heard of 'Boys Town' but my wife would kill me if I went there :mrgreen:

You're dead either way, most likely.

HOSS":3rgoh5ne said:

Hoss...if you go across the Rio Grande....make sure your life insurance is paid up....it's not "safe" anywhere over there. Right now I wouldn't even go to one of the tourist sites like Cancun.....

Many friends and peers who had folks or elderly relatives living anywhere close to the border have moved them. Aint no place down there safe Hoss.

Latest posts