Deere 4020 Suprise

Help Support CattleToday:

Sorry for the delay! First, thanks for all the great ideas! I tried to find an old photo of his dad and the tractor, but that turned out to be harder then finding the actual tractor, lol!! I might still try and do that down the road when I have some more time.
I'll try and explain without confusing you all....So, I got a toy 4020. My daughter suggested we wrap it and put my son's name on the outside of the present, but put husbands name on a tag on the actual toy tractor. Son would then un-wrap, but say there must of been a mistake and hand it to his dad. Son was so excited with this idea. The hardest part was getting the tractor to our shed. I had kept it at my dads dairy. my husband helps there some too, so we had to hide it pretty well! So the plan was that we were going to Christmas eve church last night, and my dad would drive the tractor over to our place while we were gone. That worked. We got home and of course husband questioned if he had shut the scale off on the tmr earlier and thought he should go check. Ugh, that wasnt good, so I told him I would go check. He looked a little puzzled and I thought we were going to blow it, but he shrugged and said ok. Whew lol!! The scale was on by the way :)
So, we went in and had supper. Another funny thing my dad was already there (of course he had just drove the tractor over) but my mom was not yet!! So husband asked dad how he got there as there was no vehicle outside (oh no). He calmly replied she forgot something and had to run home again(whew again :D )
So santa came, and this morning everyone got up and started opening presents. My son saved the special one for last. He opened it and with a very confused look (hes a great actor realy lol) walked over and handed it to his dad and said this one says your name on it. I had attached a little envelope with the keys to it and wrote on it...toys are oh so fun, but driving the real one, would make a father up above proud of his son(I know, im terrible at poems lol!!)
He opened it and saw the key, thought about things for a minute and pretty soon he started to add things up, I had got him "A" 4020. I had gotten the original owners manual with it and handed it to him. Then he knew it was HIS DADS tractor with all the maintenance notes. We of course had to head out to the shed immediately. All in all it turned out to be a good day. I think the kids were more excited about this then even their own presents!
Thanks again, And I Hope everybody had a good Christmas!!
Jenna

I don't even have the words to say. That's awesome. Great idea. Great execution. And I promise you you're in for a surprise. Great great gift. Merry Christmas.

That's really something special and with the owners manual over the top special.
Now how about the story of how you tracked it down, how far away was it and how did you convince the owner to part with it?

Latest posts