Deer hunting.

Help Support CattleToday:

highgrit

Reaction score

I let this buck go 3 times, and finally my brother had him walk out. He made a great shot just over 400yds. The buck is 135 class and weighted 190lbs live weight. My brother is very happy with him and is going to have him mounted. It's our first nice one so far, but our main rut should be this coming weekend.

I have one calling my name right now.

BTW, deer LOVE sainfoin ;) They're always in our field, and that's where I'm going to set up one of these days. I think the one I'm looking at is a big 3 point mule deer

Nice buck!!! They sure don't get that big without some management. Gotta let the little ones grow up if ya want bucks like that!

Here's the one I shot tonight. He's a big 8pt. I'll post a better picture tomorrow. Happy happy.

Here's a better picture. My brother and I have had a great day. I think my Dad is having a better time than we are.

That's Oscar he's my weiner dog, and best friend. I also use him to trail wounded deer up. He's the best blood trail dog that I have ever had, and the toughest also pound for pound.

highgrit":2kr7i52d said:
That's Oscar he's my weiner dog, and best friend. I also use him to trail wounded deer up. He's the best blood trail dog that I have ever had, and the toughest also pound for pound.
They're the best. Had them all my life and always said if they weighed 40 lbs. they'd kill ever big dog in town....great companions too.