deer feeders

Help Support CattleToday:

Brute 23":8k7pesl8 said:
Our local mill doesn't have whole soy beans. It's ground up already.

This is why I always just end up buying the stuff made for deer or what ever. All these cheaper alternatives always end up a pia.

Might have already been mentioned need to blend the protein with 1/3 corn IMO. The corn keeps it flowing and stops it from becoming one big blob in high humidity. Second thing here is you better put a squirrel guard under your funnel. If not when it gets low they will go up the tube and shake what's on the funnel down . This causes one of two problems buzzards start landing on your feeder or when you open the lid a squirrel runs up your arm. This will result in needing to change underwear.
Barbecue grate from an old grill works great under your funnel.

Unless your feeder has a water leak pelleted protein holds together well in feeders or at least I've never had any melt, mold or fall apart. Might melt once it falls or is slung out on the ground.

Must not be much fo anything left in the woods for the deer. Have seen a bunch coming to my feeder and they havent' visited it in a couple of month.....it's been empty that long....been seeing a lot out in pastures just grazing like cattle....what grass is there has very little nutrition.

TexasBred":33nlr1rh said:
Must not be much fo anything left in the woods for the deer. Have seen a bunch coming to my feeder and they havent' visited it in a couple of month.....it's been empty that long....been seeing a lot out in pastures just grazing like cattle....what grass is there has very little nutrition.

I had a big run when the bucks were coming out of rut trying to get their condition back but it has slowed down. We had a little rain here and we only have cattle on 1/3 of the place so the other pastures are full of rye. Im barely doing #100 a week right now. We will have a couple months of relief until the Preggos get after it in a couple months. It will get in the #250 range a week then. :shock:

Latest posts