Deer eating Garden

Help Support CattleToday:

HAY MAKER":56iqfnje said:
alabama":56iqfnje said:
Go to the zoo and get some lion crap and put it around your peas. That will keep the deer out.

Say mike ,Alabama is right,you put lion crap around your peas and it will keep "EVERY THING " OUT!!,cuz like an ole man once said.........they aint anythang that stinks worse that cat ----,except lion ----,cuz there is a helluva lot more of it :D ............good luck

Wonder will Lions use a litter box? Abig one I guess. :lol:

I plowed my garden under. If it will cool off a little I think I will plant it in Rye for the winter.

Hey Guys;I am new here,but not to gardening.I live in the Venice Canals 1 block from the Pacific Ocean.I have several friends that work at the LA Zoo.Several years ago I got four large bags of Tiger feces for a friend in the hills above Malibu.
The Coyotes tore into all 4 bags the first night and had a party rolling around in it.What they left was put around his garden and the deer were completely enthralled by it.It turns out that Tiger feces is a major deer attractant.I doubt you'll fare much better with the lion feces.-

Old indian trick taught to me by a buddist monk while visiting a friend in Brazil,

Gather up a bunch of discarded CD disc and drill a hole in them about 1/4 " from the edge. Run a piece of monofiliment line thru the hole and hang them on the fence around your garden. The twisting and turning and the sun flashing off of them in the daylight will keep the critters off you garden. At night theystill move enough and reflect enough light to do the job.Z

Haven't done this myself, but have been told to go to the barbershop and get a grocery bag of human hair clippings to spread around the garden. Smell spook the deer. Boone

boone":1dhpxrds said:
Haven't done this myself, but have been told to go to the barbershop and get a grocery bag of human hair clippings to spread around the garden. Smell spook the deer. Boone
I've heard that this works and also sprinkling bobcat urine around the edges will work. The hair sounds easier. I don't know how you would get a bobcat to pee in a bottle.Z

A fella gave me this tip and it worked for me. Harrow your garden and place one strand of electric fence around it about knee high and turn it on. Leave it on for a week or two. Then plant your garden inside this area. When you are finished gardening - pull up all the fencing and let the deer have it. This worked for me until I just lowered the fence and turned it off. Never could keep them out after that - even with 5 wires. I don't know why it worked but it did.

Latest posts