Debate...

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't like the it....

I don't like cheap entertainment....

Oh me!! I have a bad mouth... I'm working on that. I'm one them talk entire sentences with the f word and worse it's horrible and embarrassing. It's worse now my daughter repeats me. It's not cute coming out of a little girls mouth when she says I learned it from you. Makes me sound really stupid to say the least and worst to teach her that. God doesn't like that ugly language nor me teaching it to her. One of my goals for 2022....

When I was a young child cussing seemed real bad now days it's seem to be turned down. I remember I wasn't allow to watch any movies with bad language, maybe why I cuss so bad now. Ha. I listen to rap later as a teenager, I wasn't allow to have it on were my mom could hear it. I'm sure if she did it been trashed. Ha.
My wife was raised in a very strict religious family. Cussin was seriously forbidden. Even today her mother gets aggravated at anybody even saying a word like crap. She says it's just as bad as saying the bad word itself.
When I was growing up, my father cussed all the time, but other family members didn't. I didn't until, I got to public junior high school, and the other kids cussed so I started it too. I was one that would make whole sentences out of those words from then on through high school. After I got a little age on me and got back into church around people that tried not to cuss, I tried to stop it too. I'm a work in progress, still let something slip ever once in a while, when something happens. I fell twice yesterday in the snow, and cussed both times.
The thing is now, when I cuss I feel bad that I did.

As a kid growing up on a S. Illinois farm. There were certain things that everyone knew.

you never questioned what food was put on the table and you always ate every bit of it .
You done your chores twice a day without being asked.
you never spoke back.
you always said Grace and prayers
You always said ma'am and sir
you always said please and thank you

this was expected everyday out of every kid.

If you said the F word in our house you have better run. Pop was a really big man.

My maternal grandmother wouldn't allow anyone to use the word 'fool'.
Said it was tantamount to calling someone an atheist or even a devil worshipper. (not her exact words but close enough)

As a teenager we used the word "retarded" not referring to a person just generally speaking. Say something happened maybe now days people say that's dumb or crazy... we say that retarded. I'd said it one time not meaning nothing just out of habit. This lady got offended by it. She told me she had a retarded daughter and didn't take to kindly of how I used that word. She was also a drug addict striper...but beside the point I try not to judge. I definitely understand were she was coming from. I wasn't referring to a person when using the word and never have for that matter. I used to care for a disabled girl it was a blessing to care for her.

That's interesting. I assumed not being around it when I was a kid is why I don't use it today. It just never was common around me. I've noticed filler does come in various forms. I know a few old timers who repeat certain phrases. I know one guy who will say after every couple of sentences, "but anyway." Another guy frequently says, "I tell you what." I guess some like the F as their extra word, especially movie makers.

Interesting you say this... I've noticed different areas have their own phases, accents, and how they do things.... even different counties. My Pops (step dad) always said " that's no count" Used to half annoy me like it was funny weird sounding to me now that he gone I miss that.. how he said it and the phase. Haha. It would say it in the almost ticked off tone funny now. Wonder if I say stuff like that or phase and don't realize it. I know I can quote other people's....

I don't like the it....

I don't like cheap entertainment....

Oh me!! I have a bad mouth... I'm working on that. I'm one them talk entire sentences with the f word and worse it's horrible and embarrassing. It's worse now my daughter repeats me. It's not cute coming out of a little girls mouth when she says I learned it from you. Makes me sound really stupid to say the least and worst to teach her that. God doesn't like that ugly language nor me teaching it to her. One of my goals for 2022....

When I was a young child cussing seemed real bad now days it's seem to be turned down. I remember I wasn't allow to watch any movies with bad language, maybe why I cuss so bad now. Ha. I listen to rap later as a teenager, I wasn't allow to have it on were my mom could hear it. I'm sure if she did it been trashed. Ha.

I'm curious, how you going to "unteach" her?

It's kind of hard for folks (children or adults) to unlearn something once they pick up on something, but it can happen. Probably the best way to influence behavior of others is to lead by example.

I know thats right. I talked to her about it. Told her mama needs to work on it. She said if you cuss I'm cussing. That little girl is a mess. I tired explaining to her she is little girl and moms a grown up. I'm going to work on it. All I can say and do.
My mom always tried to tell me not to cuss. She would say "language check" I'm like check for what English-speaking.... what what. Hahaha. I've only heard my mom say the f word a few times and if she did it was bad time. Now s$#^, da#@, ect. She say pretty regularly.

I know thats right. I talked to her about it. Told her mama needs to work on it. She said if you cuss I'm cussing. That little girl is a mess. I tired explaining to her she is little girl and moms a grown up. I'm going to work on it. All I can say and do.
My mom always tried to tell me not to cuss. She would say "language check" I'm like check for what English-speaking.... what what. Hahaha. I've only heard my mom say the f word a few times and if she did it was bad time. Now s$#^, da#@, ect. She say pretty regularly.
I think you did right, by talking to her about it, and by saying that you need to work on it too. Children need to see adults acknowledge things and see them try to do differently.

I think you did right, by talking to her about it, and by saying that you need to work on it too. Children need to see adults acknowledge things and see them try to do differently.

She is 4, she understands alot when I explain things, why, ect. My parents didn't really explain why it that was or no way. If I acted up I got a real leather belt or wooden paddle to my butt if I was lucky. It they missed cause I was trying to get away it went across my back or legs. Mmmm that felt real good. Ha just playing

I heard somewhere Taylor Sheridan is setting up to spin off a show on the Sixes and have him on it.
After I read this this morning, I went to my YouTube feed and there was a video confirming that Yellowstone: 6666 will be debuting later this year. If they keep this up, I am going to have to subscribe. So far, I have been able to see all of the 1883 series for free. I hate to have to subscribe to another service.

Latest posts