Dear Mr. and Mrs. Coyote.........

Help Support CattleToday:

Medic24

Reaction score
I have tried to live in harmony with you for years now. I have left you alone, to live and let live. I have allowed you to hunt my pastures for small game, without harm or harassment. BUT, you could not live with that...so now it's war. Total war.

Ok, the first calf you all took from me this past winter, I got mad about. But hey, it was cold out there and you likely had little else to eat......and although I did set out a few traps and got to 'tag' one of you, I figured that was a fair trade. fair was fair.

But now it is spring time, and you 'tagged' the very best calf I have ever had born onto this farm, and it's now war without rules. The gloves are off. It's NUKE time!

Now I am not just trying to keep you from coming into my pastures , but I am coming after you, and doing my best to kill you and your offspring. Please don't be all surprised about it, after all you brought it on yourselves.

I am angry that you have killed what is mine, but just as angry that you haven't yet come back to claim it and finish eating what you started.....now when you do, please pay no attention to the little steel things that are underfoot, and waiting for you to step on. They really won't hurt too badly, nor very long, because in the morning I will come along, and see you there and send you to a far , far better place. A coyote heaven, full of baby rabbits for you to snack on.
That is maybe after I beat you every hour for a week to feel some payback for taking from me. Remember I was willing to live and let live........

Now, I have a new friend I want to introduce you to......he is a professional. He eradicates problem predators. And cost has cost me a lot of money up front, So now you know I am serious about this.
His name is 'Doc', and I am told he is very good. He has left you a lot of little presents all around my fences for you to find, just like Santa does on Christmas morning. Or even better yet think of it as and Easter egg hunt, go out and look for the little chunks of meat.
Yes, some yummy venision meat.........oh isn't that just too yummy to resist..... oh please help yourself, but be polite and leave some for your friends to enjoy. But don't get upset if you start not to feel too well in a few minutes, because I understand it doesn't take long and your bad feelings all go away. Sooooooo...enjoy the free meals....hopefully it is your last one, at least around here. And remember one thing......I WAS a peacable kinda guy, I was willing to let us live in harmony until you broke the pact, not once, but twice in just a short time.............so, I have to say to you........ bye bye ........so long...far well........have a good trime in yotey heaven....you little b*$t*rds.

Now a short note for you darned Llamas................

Ok, guys and gals, I was under the impression that you were supposed to keep on eye on my cattle and goats? and keep the yotes and dogs away from them? So whats the story> you decided to gang up and just be Llamas huh? Well, your not gonna be eating my grass and grain much longer either........a for sale sign is up, the paper has the add running in it starting this week, and you all will be going to new homes to become some one's pet or lawn ornament or something..... but you d*mn sure aren't staying here on my dime. I think it's time for a new pet...Mr. Donkey to find it's way here. Read the above Mr. Donkey, so your stay her can be long and prosperous.............. :cboy:

Medic, We all wish you luck. Are you paying a re-enlistment Bonus? Sounds like war to me... ;-) Being they have not come back to finish off the kill puts a big Doubt on Coyotes to me.They're killers but not wasteful killers.

Rambo er Medic, that's a great post. I completely understand. What is that doc thing though? Let me know so I can get some. An old coot friend of mine who has a boatload of acreage and the same amount of money has built a ten foot high sheep fence or whatver you want to call it on 5 acres and put openings where the 'yotes' can get in but can't get out and just takes care of them in the morning, ala rifle. I guess you don't have to have 5 acres fenced off, probably 1 and it would still work.

Dick

Crowderfarms":1ymo9dez said:
Medic, We all wish you luck. Are you paying a re-enlistment Bonus? Sounds like war to me... ;-) Being they have not come back to finish off the kill puts a big Doubt on Coyotes to me.They're killers but not wasteful killers.

they just ate the butt out of the calf that is deffinately a coyote feast......

I would be proud for you to post pics of your results! Best of luck with operation skin dem hides!

Medic24":1qqn7i54 said:
I have tried to live in harmony with you for years now. I have left you alone, to live and let live. I have allowed you to hunt my pastures for small game, without harm or harassment. BUT, you could not live with that...so now it's war. Total war.

Ok, the first calf you all took from me this past winter, I got mad about. But hey, it was cold out there and you likely had little else to eat......and although I did set out a few traps and got to 'tag' one of you, I figured that was a fair trade. fair was fair.

But now it is spring time, and you 'tagged' the very best calf I have ever had born onto this farm, and it's now war without rules. The gloves are off. It's NUKE time!

Now I am not just trying to keep you from coming into my pastures , but I am coming after you, and doing my best to kill you and your offspring. Please don't be all surprised about it, after all you brought it on yourselves.

I am angry that you have killed what is mine, but just as angry that you haven't yet come back to claim it and finish eating what you started.....now when you do, please pay no attention to the little steel things that are underfoot, and waiting for you to step on. They really won't hurt too badly, nor very long, because in the morning I will come along, and see you there and send you to a far , far better place. A coyote heaven, full of baby rabbits for you to snack on.
That is maybe after I beat you every hour for a week to feel some payback for taking from me. Remember I was willing to live and let live........

Now, I have a new friend I want to introduce you to......he is a professional. He eradicates problem predators. And cost has cost me a lot of money up front, So now you know I am serious about this.
His name is 'Doc', and I am told he is very good. He has left you a lot of little presents all around my fences for you to find, just like Santa does on Christmas morning. Or even better yet think of it as and Easter egg hunt, go out and look for the little chunks of meat.
Yes, some yummy venision meat.........oh isn't that just too yummy to resist..... oh please help yourself, but be polite and leave some for your friends to enjoy. But don't get upset if you start not to feel too well in a few minutes, because I understand it doesn't take long and your bad feelings all go away. Sooooooo...enjoy the free meals....hopefully it is your last one, at least around here. And remember one thing......I WAS a peacable kinda guy, I was willing to let us live in harmony until you broke the pact, not once, but twice in just a short time.............so, I have to say to you........ bye bye ........so long...far well........have a good trime in yotey heaven....you little b*$t*rds.

Now a short note for you darned Llamas................

Ok, guys and gals, I was under the impression that you were supposed to keep on eye on my cattle and goats? and keep the yotes and dogs away from them? So whats the story> you decided to gang up and just be Llamas huh? Well, your not gonna be eating my grass and grain much longer either........a for sale sign is up, the paper has the add running in it starting this week, and you all will be going to new homes to become some one's pet or lawn ornament or something..... but you d*mn sure aren't staying here on my dime. I think it's time for a new pet...Mr. Donkey to find it's way here. Read the above Mr. Donkey, so your stay her can be long and prosperous.............. :cboy:
==============
medic,

I can feel your pain. sad!

On the Llamas ....it was posted one of the threads recently......no more that one...they herd by themselves and forget the cows...how many Llamas do you have together?

Just a thought.

Jake":2sbtfeau said:
Crowderfarms":2sbtfeau said:

they just ate the butt out of the calf that is deffinately a coyote feast......
=============

jake,
I believe you are correct. Have heard of it more than once...and have had them not to come back....more than once. Have seen them..with tracks and markings verified...never return.

Pratice the three S's on em Shoot em Shovel em and Shut up. That way you dont have to put up with the Peta type people. Good luck, and be sure to wet that gunsight. Dont worry about head shots, gut shots will do just fine!

Medic24":ftklru6p said:
I have tried to live in harmony with you for years now. I have left you alone, to live and let live.

you lost me after the first two sentences. whatever you went on to say good luck

Good luck medic ....... sounds like we will be hearing some good news soon ..

Hey Medic, Get ya one of those game cam's. It is amazing some of the pictures you can get of those critters. It also helps to know how good of a job your doing getting of them.

Medic, If You get one, try and find the "Deer Cam" brand. We have one, and it's located right in an area that has Coyote Traffic.If I get some good pictures, I'll post them.

houstoncutter":76bq6ta8 said:
Pratice the three S's on em Shoot em Shovel em and Shut up. That way you dont have to put up with the Peta type people.

as far as I'm concerned, the 3 S's is fer neighborhood dogs. I couldn't care less about what the PETA types thinka me killin a coyote or anythin else.

Well folks......... I do have a game cam......many of you will remember the pics that Cattle Annie was kind enuff to post for me. they showed three yotes working over what was left of the last calf they killed.

Yes, it was in fact a confirmed coyote that ate the bottom out of the calf..... tracks, and scene of the crime confirms it.

As far as coming back to the scene of the crime, we moved the dead calf almost a quarter mile from the original attack, ( for better trapping and shooting access)which I might remind some folks, did NOT kill it, but simply ate the guts out from the back rear...when I found her she was happily sucking away at mom, as though nothing had happened, with a big hole in her about the size of a softball!

The 'Doc' I am referring to is actually a Doctor that likes to trap (and more)yotes and is very good at it. Actually, for him, he keeps it all very simple. and it works. But we have spent the last two evenings making kind of making a kill zone around most of the pasture perimiters.......I feel confident that it will take some of the pressure off of my cattle in short order.
If one method doesn't work on them, two others are also in place to take out some of the wary or wise ones. I suspect we will be getting a number of pups at first. but a yote is a yote. I have learned much just in the past few days. Kinda like a jetti knight learning from the master Yoda. Only hope I can make him proud in time.

Yes, we have 9 Llamas in the pasture right now, our fault , we did know better, and we are taking steps to rectify that right now. Any one want any bred females cheap?

I am rather excited, as the next few weeks, the first thing I will do each and every morning it to 'tour' the edges of the pasture to see what we have caught.

As for the Peta folks, let them cry, complain, and protest. When they either remove my problem, or decide to help pay for the losses, I will begin to give them some attention.......otherwise don't become part of the problem.....eh?

In discussing this with several neighbors, I now realize that many of us have silently faced the same problem, and most have been taking some measures to reduce it, I simply had no idea we were being overwhelmed by them at this time. No wonder there is little or no small game left around here. As for those that wish to compare the western vs. eastern yotes....... keep in mind that the easterns or much bigger, and science has proven that they in fact have Wolf DNA in them......don't know how or why, but thats the facts. This also changes the method of hunting as well....mainly lone and shy yotes of the west vs. pack hunters, that are not intimidated by size of the prey in the east. ( Remember the wolf DNA)

Last but not least, something I should have done some time ago, but would never had thought to do it....I went out and bought some livestock insurance...with a specific rider for losses through predation.... sure will take some of the pain away even if the claim would be small.

As always ya'll, thanks for the ideas, and support. It is always appreciated! :cboy:

By the way... was told today... and maybe the folks that live there can confirm or disprove it...........Virginia, or at least several counties in Virginia is paying a hefty bounty of yotes???
It is only about a 45 minute drive to SW Va...... could be a good trade off. :cboy:

Medic I am afraid you are in a battle you can not win, unless you gameproof fence your place. You might dent them but those that survive are just smarter and they work 24/7/365.

We tried to gameproff our fences a few years back. We ran netwire around all outside fences. We put a strand of bobwire ate the bottom and one at the top. Those suckers just dig under or get in at creek crossings. On the brighterside we have several miles of fence that we don't have to worry about cows getting out of.

Latest posts