Day after castration.

Help Support CattleToday:

ryan_289

Reaction score
I castrated my bull calves yesterday. Ive got one that im afraid I may have a problem. I did the same as always, Cut a bottom piece of the sack off and pulled the testicles. One of my calves has something hanging out of his sack today. He isnt bleeding but what is hangingout looks bloody. The rest of my claves dont show any signs of blood at all. He is acting fine, ive just never seen this before.

ryan_289":743zbegi said:
I castrated my bull calves yesterday. Ive got one that im afraid I may have a problem. I did the same as always, Cut a bottom piece of the sack off and pulled the testicles. One of my calves has something hanging out of his sack today. He isnt bleeding but what is hangingout looks bloody. The rest of my claves dont show any signs of blood at all. He is acting fine, ive just never seen this before.
probably part of the cord or fat deposits around the cord from not getting him stripped good enough when you were castrating
if he is still up and going and flies don't get to it he will probably be fine

I hope thats it. Whatever it is its pretty thick looking. We have cut a lot of calves over the years. I know this one bled pretty good right at first. Ill keep an eye on him. I was afraid i pulled his guts down or something. (not even sure if thats possible??)

It will probably be a big bloodclot that will fall out in due course.

most likely just a fat deposit. it looks kind of bad, but will be ok if flies dont get all over it. i spray for that when i cut and have never had it to be a problem. if it is the cord, you might want to get it out. that can become infected and be a mess, but it does not sound like the cord based on what you said.

good luck

jt

Calf is still fine as of today. He is with the herd and acting normal. Still has the junk hanging down but shows signs of drying up. I got the cords with the testicles so I know its not that.

Latest posts