Daughters heifer... Opinions

Help Support CattleToday:

She is showing her in commercial, breeding, & open beef. She is a 12 month old brangus Maine cross.

Really nice calf. She is very deep. I like that. Judge might say her top line is weak, but I like her.

She is a good looking heifer. I'm with bigfoot, straighter top would be nice. Get you a nice leveled topped, deep chested bull for her when it comes breeding time.

She looks too much like a steer. Maybe its the brangus? Other wise she does look good, and is well conditioned.

I can see the Brangus aspects of her and the Maine too. I like the depth of her and how she carries it from brisket to flank, no dipping off. She does have that Brangus wastey neck line, which carries into her brisket, making her appear tight in her heart girth. She's a very tight compact type female, not super feminine. A judge might comment she's weak topped, or has a high tail head. In the pictures her head is held at a perfect height, just need to get that back up. She has a very nice profile, good spring of rib, and nice flex in those pasturns. I'm thinking with the flex in those pasturns she moves out well. My only other problem with her is she doesn't have enough neck extension for me.

I hope she does well with her! Best of Luck!!

Looks nice but that neck could hurt bring you down fast. Best to get a sweat collar on it. I can also see a sway back and a naval on a heifer. She can use the show stick's hook and tug on the naval a few hard times to make her draw up that back. She can also use the hook to scratch the tail head, adding to the illusion of a straighter spine. Besides the neck and back, she looks like a nice cross! Good luck in your show!

Latest posts