danged truck anyways!

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
Truck was smoking and sounded like it was trying to run all pistons at the same time,so had it towed in.
$253.00 later,I got it back.. Oxygen senser( :???: ) needed to be replaced. But it's fixed now,and should stay fixed till next year (which is coming up fast)
Did ride the bus over to W~M..No pansys/petunas/snapdragons in 6paks! So gotta go to Lowes/Home Depot.
If I knew where a nursery was I'd go there but the only one I know for sure is in Elgin.. *mumble/mumble/snark

Yeah, trucks. My Ford's about wore out. Put a door hinge in it today. What a joy that was. Thinking of getting a new chevy in Jan. or Feb. Dealers are practically giving them away.

yeah trucks can be cantankerious.hope your truck goes a few more years fore it lands in the shop again.your right chevy is trying to move trucks.my bro bought a new 1500 4x4 a few months ago under the clunker bill.the truck listed for $28000.an got $3500 on the clunker deal.so that was $24500 for the truck.then i wanted to show him i could get a 1 ton cheap as his half ton.an priced a 3500 c/c 454 auto for a hair over $25000.

bigbull338":304incq1 said:
yeah trucks can be cantankerious.hope your truck goes a few more years fore it lands in the shop again.your right chevy is trying to move trucks.my bro bought a new 1500 4x4 a few months ago under the clunker bill.the truck listed for $28000.an got $3500 on the clunker deal.so that was $24500 for the truck.then i wanted to show him i could get a 1 ton cheap as his half ton.an priced a 3500 c/c 454 auto for a hair over $25000.
454 they dont offer that eng anymore ,must of been a 6.0 366 c.u

i guess thats what it is.because i told him if it couldnt pull a loaded gooseneck 80mph it wasnt much of a truck.

maybe,, but i hauled cattle for a living in the mid 80's no way in he@# would i get over 60 mph,,, and i watched way out in front of me, for possible idiots too much weight to make a panic stop..

alacattleman":1ie8vvgn said:
maybe,, but i hauled cattle for a living in the mid 80's no way in he@# would i get over 60 mph,,, and i watched way out in front of me, for possible idiots too much weight to make a panic stop..
18 wheeler? I never liked driving anything 80 mph except a motorcycle. I drove an eighteen wheeler in the eighties myself, refridgerated freight. The cattle haulers on I-20 and I-40 westbound were speed freaks. They'd just walk on out of sight with me easing along at 68-70 :D .

We stopped by the Ford dealer last weekend to walk off the Sunday brunch, and I about had heart failure when I saw the $60K + sticker price on a 3/4 ton Ford! They've GOT to be kidding...!

TheBullLady":ek71hlhr said:
We stopped by the Ford dealer last weekend to walk off the Sunday brunch, and I about had heart failure when I saw the $60K + sticker price on a 3/4 ton Ford! They've GOT to be kidding...!
And they say it is a bad economy that caused problems for the auto industry....... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

ga. prime":1i11hq80 said:
alacattleman":1i11hq80 said:
18 wheeler? I never liked driving anything 80 mph except a motorcycle. I drove an eighteen wheeler in the eighties myself, refridgerated freight. The cattle haulers on I-20 and I-40 westbound were speed freaks. They'd just walk on out of sight with me easing along at 68-70 :D .
no ,,24 ft gooseneck... and ton truck.. i hauled for the salebarn and local farmers. and they away packed it full

Latest posts