I get to play truck driver this weekend

Help Support CattleToday:

SALTBRANCH2

Reaction score
I spent many years as an OTR trucker but when the kids came along I had to leave that life. I had hot shot trucks and did the "local" driver for some companies before leaving the CDL life all together. My oldest son was deployed to overseas right after boot camp and he just returned. I am helping him and his wife move furniture(pulling the trailer) this weekend to Fort Riley Ks where he is stationed. I am leaving Corpus Christi,Tx Friday 6pm and returning Sunday to go to work Monday. See if I still got the windshield time in me. On the plus side I get to break in the new truck too. :cboy:

SALTBRANCH2":1ow4sybw said:
I spent many years as an OTR trucker but when the kids came along I had to leave that life. I had hot shot trucks and did the "local" driver for some companies before leaving the CDL life all together. My oldest son was deployed to overseas right after boot camp and he just returned. I am helping him and his wife move furniture(pulling the trailer) this weekend to Fort Riley Ks where he is stationed. I am leaving Corpus Christi,Tx Friday 6pm and returning Sunday to go to work Monday. See if I still got the windshield time in me. On the plus side I get to break in the new truck too. :cboy:

Let me know and I'll meet you out there on the interstate and GIVE you that roll of Barbwire......I've been trying to get it to fit in a envelope for days now... :D

callmefence":1rni4yis said:
SALTBRANCH2":1rni4yis said:

Let me know and I'll meet you out there on the interstate and GIVE you that roll of Barbwire......I've been trying to get it to fit in a envelope for days now... :D

I will send you a PM this evening. If I am coming through at a good time for you I definitely would like to meet up and get a roll

Definitely safe travels! KS is supposed to get a lot of rain/t-storms this weekend; south central predicted up to 7" (which we desperately need). And thank you to your son for his service!

TCRanch":kiu9gz5z said:
Definitely safe travels! KS is supposed to get a lot of rain/t-storms this weekend; south central predicted up to 7" (which we desperately need). And thank you to your son for his service!

Thank you Sir for the heads up.

SALTBRANCH2":3ubgbvj7 said:
TCRanch":3ubgbvj7 said:

I've been called a lot of things but never "Sir" :lol: ;-)

TCRanch":2pir2p66 said:
SALTBRANCH2":2pir2p66 said:
TCRanch":2pir2p66 said:

Dag I need my eyes checked but you sure are one good looking transgender .... ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) :lol: :lol:

skyhightree1":1r8aaufz said:
TCRanch":1r8aaufz said:
SALTBRANCH2":1r8aaufz said:

Dag I need my eyes checked but you sure are one good looking transgender .... ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) :lol: :lol:
Well thanks, Sky! I don't just wake up a hot, tranny mess - it takes a lot of work. :lol: :lol: ;-)

Ooops, rookie mistake..my apologies.
It was quite cool this morning up. This is the kind of weather we get in December. I hot the front about the OK/KS border around 4am. It was blowing pretty good for sure, I dodged most of the rain for the most part. Pretty country up here

SALTBRANCH2":133l5gq2 said:
Ooops, rookie mistake..my apologies.
It was quite cool this morning up. This is the kind of weather we get in December. I hot the front about the OK/KS border around 4am. It was blowing pretty good for sure, I dodged most of the rain for the most part. Pretty country up here
No apology necessary, I was just having fun. And continued safe travels, it could still get nasty!

I got called sir at the fast food drive thru a few weeks ago. Hair up under my cap, my little ranger p u that looks like a farm truck, dusty dirty clothes.... made me laugh. Could've been worse....

farmerjan":3ben6ted said:
I got called sir at the fast food drive thru a few weeks ago. Hair up under my cap, my little ranger p u that looks like a farm truck, dusty dirty clothes.... made me laugh. Could've been worse....
Ball cap, dusty dirty clothes, truck - you just described me. But my pony tail gives me away :lol2:

farmerjan":t2i8hd8q said:
I got a senior discount at taco bell! I didn't argue , white hair matters .

I make sure I ask for my senior discount everywhere. Since I quit coloring my hair, it isn't hard to imagine as it is white/grey coming in now. I usually put my ponytail through the back of the cap, but just had it up on top in a big hairclip so it was out of sight!

I got back just in time to go to work this morning, I think I am to old for these kind of hours. We went to Topeka yesterday to pick up some tools. Saw lots of nice looking cattle and some scenic ranch's off I-70. I look forward to my next trip to visit with more time a check out the back roads and scenery some more. I was telling my Son and his buddies about the forum while unloading the trailer and those saying "thank you for his service". They were appreciative said it makes them feel good to hear folks say that, pretty much made their day. You Kansas folks have some pretty country, much different than the brush country/thorns I am used to.

Glad you made it okay and got back. Yep, as we get a little older, those long runs just aren't as fun. I don't even like the trips up north to visit family anymore. 8 hrs to Ct and then another 5 to parents in NH.... usually try to stay at my sisters in Ct; but more often I would just rather fly. Except all the regulations now, it's a pain except in our smaller airports here.

Latest posts