Dan Browns books

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
I have read all of his books regarding the series with Professor Langdon, good books intetresting, I was wondering how much of this FreeMason stuff is believable?

GMN

I wouldn't take any of them serious....mostly fiction. Very poorly researched and mostly based on intrigue and pre-conceived notion that he then tries to substantiate with his so-called "research". He's one of the best at adding 2 plus 2 and getting 5. Almost as far out as all the "left behind series". Anyone well versed in their faith, the masonic order or anything else "claimed" in these books can easily refute just about any claims he makes. You'd be better off just going and watching "The National Treasure" series of movies and enjoy the popcorn.

He says in his latest novel that it is based on actaul rituals, science, atwok and monuments. I know he embellished the storyline, but some of the things I think could be beleivable, such as the symbology throughout history.

I really liked his non Langdon Book, Digital Fortress that was one of those books I couldn't put down.

GMN

Generally, it all come downs to creation of the homo sapien sapien which has 223 nuclear genes different than a primate. The Sumerian text overlaps with the bible, torah, etc. There are two sides each represented by one brothers. Both of the brothers, Seth and Cain could have had offspring by the same name. Think this was not intentional for deception purposes? Look at the world....almost like two brothers are still at war.

HerefordSire":15tbx1ja said:
There are two sides each represented by one brothers. Both of the brothers, Seth and Cain could have had offspring by the same name. Think this was not intentional for deception purposes? Look at the world....almost like two brothers are still at war.

Interesting way to put it........

grannysoo":1aezp5ma said:
HerefordSire":1aezp5ma said:
There are two sides each represented by one brothers. Both of the brothers, Seth and Cain could have had offspring by the same name. Think this was not intentional for deception purposes? Look at the world....almost like two brothers are still at war.

Interesting way to put it........

In regards to Dan Brown......

there is a Royal blood line his texts attempt to illustrate. For example, the French Merovinian line. The FreeMasons share allot of symbolization the same as the Ancient Egyptians which seem to originate from ancient Sumeria. The Sumeria tablets discovered in the 19th century refer to the ancient astronauts, the Annunaki, or those coming from heaven, in search of gold. The Annunaki used humans as slaves to mine the gold and were treated as gods.

Haven't read the new one yet.. Still as much fiction as "Clan of the Cave Bear",tho the latter had a lot of research behind it.. And was quite believable.

fisica10_01.jpg

GMN thru the ages the Masons, Knights Templar, Church, State and everything else have become so intertwined with so many unsupported claims that it's hard to know if much of any of the claims made by various groups are true, contrived or just make for good suspense reading. Ruins all over the world have crosses, triangles, letters, stars, and so forth that it would really be impossible to give credit to any one group let alone prove the various groups were associated....I do know that Mr. Brown will never find any royal blood line originating with Jesus as only he was born of the Holy Spirit and the Blessed Virgin Mary ;-)

If it is the British Masons and the Knights Templers, you are refering to no-one outside the Masons would know what went on, as it is and always has been a closed book. I know quite a few Masons and nothing is spoken about, one of my very good friends is the wife of the Master of Ceremonies, for this year, he was the Chairman last year, and even she doesn't know what goes on. it is very Secret Squirel. I can't comment on the books as I've never read one.

chrisy":3n30x9ns said:
If it is the British Masons and the Knights Templers, you are refering to no-one outside the Masons would know what went on, as it is and always has been a closed book. I know quite a few Masons and nothing is spoken about, one of my very good friends is the wife of the Master of Ceremonies, for this year, he was the Chairman last year, and even she doesn't know what goes on. it is very Secret Squirel. I can't comment on the books as I've never read one.
The secrets are secret no more. They have been written and published.
Mason friend of mine was talkiing about how secrets were never revealed. I had just read of them in a book. I started reciting some of their "secret" stuff. He got a shocked look on his face and was speechless.

I also read report that their numbers are dwindling. Doesn't hold the mystique appeal it once did.

As a "former 32nd Degree Scottish Rite Mason and Shriner" I can assure you I never saw or heard of anything except good things come out of Masonry. Some took it much too serious and it almost became like a religion to them. Otherwise it is nothing more than a group "that has some secrets" but not necessarily a secretive group. You can find books on masonry that have most of the various rituals, degrees, initiations and lessons in them almost word for word. When you drive by a Shriner's Hospital or a Scottish Rite Hospital just remember, they have the most modern up to date equipment in the world except......a cash register.

TexasBred":22ugooli said:
As a "former 32nd Degree Scottish Rite Mason and Shriner" I can assure you I never saw or heard of anything except good things come out of Masonry. Some took it much too serious and it almost became like a religion to them. Otherwise it is nothing more than a group "that has some secrets" but not necessarily a secretive group. You can find books on masonry that have most of the various rituals, degrees, initiations and lessons in them almost word for word. When you drive by a Shriner's Hospital or a Scottish Rite Hospital just remember, they have the most modern up to date equipment in the world except......a cash register.

How did you get so high up?

I watche Angels and Demons yesterday the movie, it was quite good I thought, but a little different than the book in certain details, but still a good movie.

GMN

GMN":1x8ts4zq said:
I watche Angels and Demons yesterday the movie, it was quite good I thought, but a little different than the book in certain details, but still a good movie.

GMN

I haven't seen Angels and Demons yet. The DaVinci Code movie was a disappointment. I've always thought, however, I probably should not go see any movie after I've read the book. I get irritated when what I think to be important parts of the book are left out, or changed.

I recently read Dan Brown's The Symbol. It was an entertaining read, but I didn't like it near as much as Angels and Demons or The DaVinci Code.

Alice

HerefordSire":976yn3ml said:
TexasBred":976yn3ml said:

How did you get so high up?

Not hard. Just petition your local lodge for entrance, get voted into the membership and go from there. Masters degree is the highest degree in the "Blue Lodge". Anything above that like Scottish Rite or York Rite are strictly up to you if you want to go there.

Latest posts