Dairy cattle vs beef cattle.

Help Support CattleToday:

. . . Most people in the know would agree that meat from a dairy cow is meat but not beef. The picture of Bill Gates with a dairy cow behind him is in itself an oxymoron just showing the oxy"MORON" he is....!! Your generalization above just doesn't cut the mustard.

I will respectfully disagree with that. If it isn't beef, what is it? Chicken? Venison?

And welcome to the forum.

lots of dairy in the meat section of grocery stores. I raise beef and eat my own beef, but have been told on this board Holstein and Jersey are good meat.
Rib eyes from our recently processed Jersey/Angus cross $15 bottle baby. Sure looks like beef to me.

Dairy cattle vs beef cattle.
I can't find the actual post on facebook so here is the best I remember it.
Dairy cattle meat should never be labeled as beef because in most cases it is inferior to most beef cattle meat.
Only meat from beef cattle should be labeled or called beef.

Do you agree or disagree?
should be labelled retired cow meat, instead of beaf, IMO

To this day, outside of some Waygu that we had a while back, the best beef we have ever had came from a dairyman who donated a side of beef for a fundraiser. We bought a $5 raffle ticket and won the dang thing. Holstein. He said he grain fed it. It was spectacularly tender and flavorful. I can still taste it.

Latest posts