Daily Chuckle

Help Support CattleToday:

We had a terrible accident at our school in the early 80's . Our principal, janitor, and a couple of summer student workers were killed . They had taken up carpet in a classroom and was using gasoline to dissolve and get carpet glue off the concrete floor . An electrical spark when a floor buffer was turned on ignited the fumes . Tragic decision to use the gasoline but who would have thought flipping the switch on an electric motor would have set it off ?
I still have a vivid memory of driving on an interstate highway, having just left New York heading west across the Hudson into New Jersey.
It was six or eight lanes each way, and I watched a compact hatchback type car in the eastbound lanes on fire, flames coming out all the windows. It must have exploded before I noticed it. It was just beginning to get slower than neighboring traffic around it. The windows were "open", and I couldn't see any human like shapes in the vehicle.

That was December 1998. I made a point to watch the news that evening when I stopped at a motel, but never heard anything.
Always wondered if someone was hauling a gas jug or leaky propane bottle.

I still have a vivid memory of driving on an interstate highway, having just left New York heading west across the Hudson into New Jersey.
It was six or eight lanes each way, and I watched a compact hatchback type car in the eastbound lanes on fire, flames coming out all the windows. It must have exploded before I noticed it. It was just beginning to get slower than neighboring traffic around it. The windows were "open", and I couldn't see any human like shapes in the vehicle.

That was December 1998. I made a point to watch the news that evening when I stopped at a motel, but never heard anything.
Always wondered if someone was hauling a gas jug or leaky propane bottle.
One of the things I remember vividly on my roadtrip to the east coast during college was all the stripped cars on the shoulders of every freeway.

On the gasoline cigarette thing, maybe it was different 40 years ago with different blends of gas or cigarettes, but mythbusters and even the feds debunked this 20 years ago.

Spark ignition and vapors in an enclosed area are an entirely different thing (that's how your engine runs after all), but a cigarette and an open area, might get luckier playing the lottery.

That ain't old. You ain't even middle age if you haven't manipulated gorillas on top of tall buildings chunking exploding bananas at each other.
gorilla.bas was part of DOS QBasic and you had to type that file name into command prompt in Dos. (no icons in DOS1.X. )
I killed many a gorilla back in the day. (I also crashed lots of cars into donkeys standing in the middle of the road with Donkey.bas.

While digging 40 post holes it occurred to me Why not open an exercise club? People already pay to go on farm tours. Experience the Agricultural life and fresh air - Fees by the day or by the month

Exercises offered-

Post hole digging
Brush chopping
Wild cow milking
Firewood splitting
50lb feed sack stacking
Fence repair
Stall cleaning and manure transference
Thistle eradication using a hoe
T -post driving

And much more! Including Co-ed bathing in the river after workouts.

While digging 40 post holes it occurred to me Why not open an exercise club? People already pay to go on farm tours. Experience the Agricultural life and fresh air - Fees by the day or by the month

Exercises offered-

Post hole digging
Brush chopping
Wild cow milking
Firewood splitting
50lb feed sack stacking
Fence repair
Stall cleaning and manure transference
Thistle eradication using a hoe
T -post driving

And much more! Including Co-ed bathing in the river after workouts.
You might need to dress up the verbiage so it sounds more "valley-speak" and you can charge more.

And you'll need a couple of Koreans with massage tables and a some bamboo mats for meditation exercises.

Post hole digging (becoming one with the void)
Brush chopping (vegan food prep classes)
Wild cow milking (Communing with our fellow earthlings)
Firewood splitting (Sustainable energy sourcing)
Etc...

The problem with opening an exercise club is we are far away from any cities.
This is timber and ranch country, everyone around here is already getting plenty of exercise.

Oops forgot goat yoga. I could put a 5 day old calf on them as they do yoga pose, she is about the size of a goat.

The problem with opening an exercise club is we are far away from any cities.
This is timber and ranch country, everyone around here is already getting plenty of exercise.

Oops forgot goat yoga. I could put a 5 day old calf on them as they do yoga pose, she is about the size of a goat.

Build a business here, bunch of sorry do nothings.... not all, but most.

Calf yoga! Priceless.

Latest posts