Daily Chuckle

Help Support CattleToday:

This made me chuckle!
As they went flying by. Barely got a picture.
They were really moving out! Never seen a horse running on a lead rope with the owner driving along side!
View attachment 14193
My grandparents neighbor raised/trained harness racing horses. They built a tie rack on the back of a pickup and would work horses behind the truck on their race track.

This made me chuckle!
They were really moving out! Never seen a horse running on a lead rope with the owner driving along side!
View attachment 14193
Used to be common years ago when folks did not have trailers and were buying a horse or mule.

This made me chuckle!
View attachment 14193

This post reminded me of the time I saw a guy driving his PU with him reaching out with his left hand holding a measuring wheel. He went by and out of sight, probably estimating a job.
1646971332174.png

This made me chuckle!
View attachment 14193

When I had my first horse, back when there were dinosaurs, a silly little high school girl in the neighborhood asked if she could ride him after school, while I was still at work. She SEEMED responsible, and I knew her, so I said OK. Turned out, her parents had bought her a saddle, but no blanket, and of course, no horse. So she put her brand new saddle on my horse, with no saddle blanket, and rode him all afternoon. When I got home from work, he had a bloody saddle sore worn into both sides of his withers. Just so you know, she never rode him again. But for a couple of weeks after, I took him for "rides in the car" exactly like that, so he could get some exercise (he was kept in a small 1 acre lot). People thought we were crazy, but he was a very good horse, and stayed right beside the car. When his sores healed, we went back to proper riding (with me up there bareback) every evening.

The Louisiana State Police received reports of illegal cockfights being held in the area around Crowley and sent their famous detective Boudreaux to investigate.

Boudreaux reported to his sergeant the next morning. 'Dey is tree main groups in dis rooster fightin', he began.

'Good work. Who are they?' the sergeant asked.

Boudreaux replied confidently, 'de Texas Aggies, de Cajuns, and de Mafia.'

Puzzled, the sergeant asked, 'How did you find that out in one night?'

'Well,' he replied, 'I went down and done seen dat rooster fight in person. I knowed dem Aggies was involved when a duck was entered in the fight.'

The sergeant nodded, 'I'll buy that. But what about the others?'

Boudreaux nodded knowingly, 'Well, I knowed de Cajuns was involved when summbody bet on de duck.'

'Ah,' sighed the sergeant, 'And how did you figure the Mafia was involved?'

'De duck won'.

The one pictured is more than double the size of the one we had on our K-3 elementary school playground and the smaller they are the faster they spin.
Especially when 5th & 6th graders were around. Not Merry, but they do go round. :)

On same play ground was a slide with a height that would scare many a man.
The monkey bars were over an asphalt base, sturdy but, if you fell you'd get tore up.

All installed in the '50s the school board finally wised up and removed all 3 of them by the late '70s after 20-30 years of injuries.

Last edited:
The one pictured is more than double the size of the one we had on our K-3 elementary school playground and the smaller they are the faster they spin.
Especially when 5th & 6th graders were around. Not Merry, but they do go round. :)

On same play ground was a slide with a height that would scare many a man.
The monkey bars were over an asphalt base, sturdy but, if you fell you'd get tore up.

All installed in the '50s the school board finally wised up and removed all 3 of them by the late '70s after 20-30 years of injuries.
Broke my arm on monkey bats in 2nd grade . Compound open fracture. I cringe if I ever see monkey bars .

Did you hear that FedEx and UPS are merging? they're now going to be known as Fed-ups
Timely posting for this one, UPS has one of the worst websites... it just never works, oh, we can't deliver to that address, you must have an account to change the address (so I create an account).. now you need some special number that isn't your tracking number that you don't have... Then you contact them on their "chat" and it tells you to do the whole thing over again.. and emailing them took 3 days to get a response... I think I finally have it settled

Latest posts