Daily Chuckle

Help Support CattleToday:

523e1f392e544927.png

FE329BBF-A1A2-454C-96C2-3B8F4389C7AD.jpegI'm changing the oil and filters on the sxs today. The induction filter is a real pain. While I was slipping the new one on, I was reminded of how cruel men can be.

Three decades ago, we had a new guy come to work with us. Keith was from the city, but wanted so bad to be country. We invited him to deer camp and told him to bring a spare sock for his initiation.

I can't remember who brought the rooster, but I remember Keith arriving with a contagious smile, wearing new Carhartt bibs and Redwing boots. We thoroughly wasted the better part of opening weekend watching him try to put a sock on a rooster.

We eventually felt sorry for the rooster and added him to the camp stew. Keith moved on to a big city about 20 years ago. He still visits during deer season.

You can always count on kids for a good laugh.
I was driving up our driveway with my then 9 or 10yo grandson. Out of the blue he said "hey Grampy, redheads are good, aren't they?". My brain was making grinding noises until he pointed out the buzzards in the field.
Both right........

Latest posts