Daddy Daughter Night

Help Support CattleToday:

wlamarparmer":2lssj5oe said:
Sky, Great You doing this. That girl will remember this when she old Grandma. Was too busy my younger life, didnt do
enough my daughter and step daughter. But, they appreciate everything I did. Now @ 76 some those paying dividends.
You Good Man/Daddy, keep it up
Wilson Lamar Parmer, DVM

Thank you. I appreciate your comment...

farmerjan":2lssj5oe said:
Good for you Sky. It's always tough for the ones that don't have the same participation by their parent, and sometimes it cannot be helped. I remember the times my dad would take us kids fishing...one at a time .... to give us some one on one time. He worked alot. Don't remember alot of school stuff, but they supported my animal / 4-H type things.

yea I try to do 1 on 1 night with the kids and do whatever they want and then both together I don't do it as much as I like but trying to start.

TexasBred":2lssj5oe said:
farmerjan":2lssj5oe said:
Good for you Sky. It's always tough for the ones that don't have the same participation by their parent, and sometimes it cannot be helped. I remember the times my dad would take us kids fishing...one at a time .... to give us some one on one time. He worked alot. Don't remember alot of school stuff, but they supported my animal / 4-H type things.
Wife and I were on the road this morning and stopped at McDonald's for a cup of coffee....Man and about a 4-5 year old beautiful young girl were at a table. She was talking to him as she ate some sort of breakfast sandwich and you could just tell she was loving her time with dad.......Dad, (the sob) was playing with his dam phone the entire time and apparently never heard a word she had said. I thought about my buddy Sky, got up walked over and asked her if the man was her daddy. She grinned real big and said yes....looked at him and asked him "why don't you put the phone up and give your daughter some attention?". He looked at me like he wanted to kill me but slipped the phone in his shirt pocket and at least listened to her. The remainder of the time we were there he never touched his phone and we made it a point to make sure they left first.

Yea, These days some are obsessed with their phones and electronics kids and parents both. That lil girl may remember that forever.

Supa Dexta":2lssj5oe said:
You should encourage your daughter to befriend the mute. I'd also be tempted to do more daughter activities with your own girl and the one without a father if they are friends. Can't help everyone, but the special cases should be given extra effort.

Even a little effort from a good man, goes a long way in a young girls life who doesn't have a father.

My daughter most certainly would as her best friends are in wheelchairs and disabled I had wrote about it on here before she just in her school day is a grade under the girl and paths never cross. We instilled that because someone doesn't look like you or is different don't make fun and treat them like everyone else.

I was going to add I would have gladly interacted with the girls with no dad some as well in some way shape or form but with these days and times im afraid to do so as someone may take me being kind for something else. I hate what society has become especially to people wanting to do the right thing or be nice to folks.

skyhightree1":u2d4nz0u said:
Tonight I had a date with my daughter at her school for daddy daughter night. Few things stuck out in my head tonight one was all the school shootings as we were in a school with open doors where truly any fool could come in shooting. We were between 2 exits and when I got in there I was thinking of plans of action. I was thinking of how to escape the quickest where could I stash my daughter if something happened where she would be safe etc... I thought to myself this is a sad state of affairs that im planning this stuff out while trying to have fun with my daughter. I always keep 3 guns in my truck however tonight I kept 2 my handgun and my AK-47 with 5 full mags. Keep in mind while in the school those can't help me. I felt naked it was truly an uncomfortable feeling.. I pushed that to the back and made sure my daughter had a fun night and was constantly checking for out of place stuff. I also seen a lil girl who I found out couldn't talk and no kids interacted with her that broke my heart I found out shes mute she can hear just cant talk. I also seen some dads who were crippled and couldn't dance with their daughters when they had daddy daughter songs the look on the daughters and dads faces were sad. I seen one girl who's dad was not there for whatever reason and she was crying her heart out during those songs but her mom was there with her. This event tonight was a real eye opener. I have never been so thankful to make it back home safe and sound and really blessed that I can dance with my daughter and not sit and watch her cry. Just some thoughts I wanted to share. I sometimes take for granted the small things.

A heartwarming post to say the least. Thanks Sky

Jogeephus":1slfu6zq said:
Being in a school or some other public building never gave me anxiety. What gets me ansi is when I get in the parking and I know a meteor could come screaming out of space at any second and brain me leaving some huge crater in the parking lot and will surely put scratches in my truck I can't buff out. That's what bothers me knowing full well that even a perfectly orchestrated tuck, run and roll move won't protect you from a big azz meteor with your name on it.

A tinfoil hat might fake it out.

melking":3vbbqfoo said:
Jogeephus":3vbbqfoo said:
Being in a school or some other public building never gave me anxiety. What gets me ansi is when I get in the parking and I know a meteor could come screaming out of space at any second and brain me leaving some huge crater in the parking lot and will surely put scratches in my truck I can't buff out. That's what bothers me knowing full well that even a perfectly orchestrated tuck, run and roll move won't protect you from a big azz meteor with your name on it.

A tinfoil hat might fake it out.

I forgot about that. Those things are foolproof. :lol: :lol:

Sky, you are so right, in today's world there are people who would look at you trying to be nice and befriend the girl with no dad as something "sick" or kinky or worse. It is awful that we have come to that. Maybe if your daughter is friends with the one without her dad there, you could approach her about maybe she and that other girl could go together and share her dad for the night? Maybe your wife could interact with that mom so that it is "all above board". I don't know, it is a shame that people only want to see the bad or perverted side of someone just wanting to be kind or friendly.

skyhightree1":3g7xag4s said:
Jogeephus":3g7xag4s said:

I worry about lost seagulls coming over me and taking a #2 on my head a lot :lol:

Better than a buzzard dropping a bomb on you.

farmerjan":vz8i9wj3 said:
Sky, you are so right, in today's world there are people who would look at you trying to be nice and befriend the girl with no dad as something "sick" or kinky or worse. It is awful that we have come to that. Maybe if your daughter is friends with the one without her dad there, you could approach her about maybe she and that other girl could go together and share her dad for the night? Maybe your wife could interact with that mom so that it is "all above board". I don't know, it is a shame that people only want to see the bad or perverted side of someone just wanting to be kind or friendly.

Yea its a sad thing when you want to be nice but can't.

wacocowboy":vz8i9wj3 said:
skyhightree1":vz8i9wj3 said:
Jogeephus":vz8i9wj3 said:

I worry about lost seagulls coming over me and taking a #2 on my head a lot :lol:

:lol2:

wacocowboy":4mchq7hc said:
skyhightree1":4mchq7hc said:
Jogeephus":4mchq7hc said:

Yeah but how bout the sandhill cranes. Bet you didn't know that the USAF got the idea of carpet bombing from standing beneath a flock of Sandhill cranes. They can be brutal. ;-)

Jogeephus":2pq2mxq9 said:
wacocowboy":2pq2mxq9 said:
skyhightree1":2pq2mxq9 said:

Yeah but how bout the sandhill cranes. Bet you didn't know that the USAF got the idea of carpet bombing from standing beneath a flock of Sandhill cranes. They can be brutal. ;-)

That was a crappy study. :lol2:

Latest posts