Cutlery Corner

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
This has got to be the greatest channel on satellite since Al Gore invented the internet.

The salesman that draws me in everytime has to be "Tom." When he brings out the "Bowie" collections, it is all I can do to keep from picking up the telephone and ordering these great knives.

He must know everything there is to know about a knife.

He just said he was from Alabama, so he must be one of the seven greatest wonders of that state.
Has anyone ever ordered a knife collection from "Tom?"
Do you still have this knife and what do you use it for?
I am dying to hear from you knife buffs!!! :shock:
Chuckie

garseer, I think Smokey Mtn Knives would most likely not sell their knives on this channel. This man sells 20 piece Bowie knife collections for $29.95 and starts throwing in extras at the end.

There are people in Tennessee that talk the same way he does. And usually, a news crew will seek these people out to do an interview with if something happens.

I have had people talk to me, thinking they wanted to hear what I had to say, then realize they want to hear how I say it. I find that irritating when I think we are communicating.

Larry the Cable Guy, is not from the South. He is from up North. He said he roomed with some guys from the South, and the way they talked and put things, kept him rolling. So he bases his act on how they talked. He does such a good job at it, I was surprised to hear him get it down perfectly. Usually a person on TV pretending to have a Southern accent butchers it up so bad, if that is possible.

There is a community close to here called "Finger." If you ask them where they are from, it is "Fanger."
Chuckie

kyblockhead, that is a good point. But I googled it, and found out that I am not the only one amused at this channel. It sort of reminds me of watching the old days of PTL. What would be great is if they had combined the two.
Chuckie

Nowland, They might be linked. I looked at a few of the knives there, and you can get one knife on your link, and on the TV knife shopping channel, you can get 20 for the same price. But not the same knife.

It is just amusing to me for a few minutes when I run across it. I would be afraid to order anything there.
Chuckie

Most of the knives you see on those type channels are made in China and are not good quality knives. They are hard to sharp and keep sharp.

Latest posts