Cutest Calf Ever

Help Support CattleToday:

creekdrive

Reaction score
Okay, so my opinion is 100% biased, and cutest ever might be a stretch...but she's still pretty stinkin' cute! :D :lol:

IMG-4813sm.jpg

IMG-5518sm.jpg

IMG-4913sm.jpg

This one is pretty cute also:
IMG-5438sm.jpg

IMG-5480sm.jpg

IMG-5222sm.jpg

I love it! Our steer is pretty darn good looking too, and stands out among all the black hides! He is up to 1195 as of last weekend, and still can pack on another 300 pounds and NOT be fat! He will be one of the biggest we have raised.

5lb3o4.jpg

This cow always makes some funky markings
20190331-110454.jpg

Not the greatest pose, but this one is the one that gets my pic for cuteness this year from my herd.. really as the character for it too

gizmom said:
I want to talk the boss into at least one speckled park they are so stinking cute! Or shorthorn something to add a splash of color against all that black

Gizmom
I agree with TT - Just do it! It is so fun to see a few flashy calves out in the pasture with all the solid reds & blacks. We had another Speckle calve yesterday - another fancy heifer calf!
Crappy cell phone pic:
81820-DB6-187-B-4-EE1-95-C4-875-F479-CFDBB.jpg

the white with black points bred to a solid colored bull should be guaranteed to get a speckled pattern calf. It should be a 50/50 chance for the speckle pattern breeding a speckle to a solid color. These calves are all sired by Angus bulls - the cross seems to work quite well. 2 more Speckle cows to calve this year - here's hoping for some more fancy heifers, or solid black steers would be ok too ;-)

Redgully said:
Ive just bought 2 speckle embryos, hopefully next year i have something similar running around the paddock.
Exciting! It seems there are a lot of Speckle embryos from Alberta/Sask exported to Australia and vice versa.

Fire Sweep Ranch said:
I love it! Our steer is pretty darn good looking too, and stands out among all the black hides! He is up to 1195 as of last weekend, and still can pack on another 300 pounds and NOT be fat! He will be one of the biggest we have raised.
your steer is looking great! He is Belgian Blue cross, right?

Nesi - yours are pretty cute too. Love that roan, and the star on the forehead of the other is adorable.

Another Speckle calved a couple days ago. 4 out of 4 Speckled heifer calves so far.
This one looks like it could be part Dalmation.

IMG-6104sm.jpg

IMG-6109sm.jpg

It will be interesting to see if she stays that nice clear white on her body or if she turns more like mama's colour as she grows.

Latest posts