Culture clash

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
A friend of mine was on a missionary trip to Inda for 6 weeks. He said he saw a guy riding on his ox pulling a cart and talking on his cell phone.

Limomike":wbrnup3a said:
Now isnt that advancement of technology for you.

He was probably wokring for one of the computer company phone in help lines

KenB":2qx07nw0 said:
dun":2qx07nw0 said:
Limomike":2qx07nw0 said:

I can believe that. :)

Probably the same guy I talked to the other day. :lol:

I saw something strange Saturday while driving. Saw a Meals on Wheels van delivering food to a woman who was waiting on them in the driveway of her house talking on her cell phone. I also noticed she had a swimming pool. :shock: I guess that make me dirt poor cause my wife doesn't have a cell phone and can't seem to justify a pool at this time. Wonder if they would drop some meals off by my house? :idea:

Get their hair done and nails painted then go collect their food stamps. :shock:

dun":1kkfex8y said:
A friend of mine was on a missionary trip to Inda for 6 weeks. He said he saw a guy riding on his ox pulling a cart and talking on his cell phone.

He was probably checking on his Mini-Marts, Holiday Hotels, and Taxi Companies here.

dun":16ydlhna said:

India my arse! Probably in downtown Lebanon.

cfpinz

dun":3cz13j53 said:
A friend of mine was on a missionary trip to Inda for 6 weeks.

When something starts out, "This aint no shoot" Or "This friend of mine..." it puts a whole lot of doubt on things. :lol: :lol:

backhoeboogie":2baxxfk2 said:
dun":2baxxfk2 said:

When something starts out, "This aint no shoot" Or "This friend of mine..." it puts a whole lot of doubt on things. :lol: :lol:

That's the difference between a fairy tale and a sea story. A fairy tale starts out, once upon a time, a sea story starts out and this ain't no ...........

dun":1neg9lss said:
backhoeboogie":1neg9lss said:
dun":1neg9lss said:

That's the difference between a fairy tale and a sea story. A fairy tale starts out, once upon a time, a sea story starts out and this ain't no ...........

We all know you have lots of friends. Right here on the board if no where else. Just couldn't resist ribbing you. :lol:

Jogeephus":29jb6l0n said:
KenB":29jb6l0n said:
dun":29jb6l0n said:
Limomike":29jb6l0n said:

I can believe that. :)

Probably the same guy I talked to the other day. :lol:

I saw something strange Saturday while driving. Saw a Meals on Wheels van delivering food to a woman who was waiting on them in the driveway of her house talking on her cell phone. I also noticed she had a swimming pool. :shock: I guess that make me dirt poor cause my wife doesn't have a cell phone and can't seem to justify a pool at this time. Wonder if they would drop some meals off by my house? :idea:

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think that recipients have to pay for their meals, based on income. The person you saw in the driveway may have been someone other than the person that's actully receiving the meal...maybe a neighbor or home health aide. Meals are provided for folks that can't prepare their own meals, and/or cannot shop for groceries. It's not a free food program...at least that's the way I'm remembering it when my daughter delivered meals on wheels.

Alice

Back to the cell phone.....While on vacation last year we met an Amish man (or Mennonite) in a buggy clipping down the highway with a cell phone to his ear. Spun our heads around for sure.

No Alice, it was the woman who lives there. But if I didn't know that, the pool is definitely shows something is amiss. Just think somebody is making a little money under the table and taking the cream off both worlds. This is the kind of thing that can give a Good program bad publicity. JMO

Jogeephus":auyg0nvf said:
No Alice, it was the woman who lives there. But if I didn't know that, the pool is definitely shows something is amiss. Just think somebody is making a little money under the table and taking the cream off both worlds. This is the kind of thing that can give a Good program bad publicity. JMO

hmmmmm. Yup, there's always a spoiler out there...

Chances are somebody will finally rat her out...lots of these spoilers get ratted out by their fellow spoilers...

Alice

Jogeephus":1vu8k31i said:

There are indeed some folks that have lots of nickels paying for the Meal on Wheels delivery.

In the last days of my grandmother (& Grandaddy), she'd turn on the gas at the stove, and then start looking for her match. It scared us all to death. She was eat up with Alzheimer's. We just knew she'd forget the gas was on some day. There's no way my tightwad grandaddy would have bought another stove. We bought him a new color TV and he'd go to the bedroom to watch his B & W. He refused to run A.C. and this is Texas. Old folks just conserved all they could.

We started having all their meals delivered and didn't mind paying. On Friday, they'd deliver the weekend meals too.

I truly wish I was still paying for those meals. :( They've both passed on now.

backhoeboogie":30p8t48s said:
Jogeephus":30p8t48s said:

There are indeed some folks that have lots of nickels paying for the Meal on Wheels delivery.

In the last days of my grandmother (& Grandaddy), she'd turn on the gas at the stove, and then start looking for her match. It scared us all to death. She was eat up with Alzheimer's. We just knew she'd forget the gas was on some day. There's no way my tightwad grandaddy would have bought another stove. We bought him a new color TV and he'd go to the bedroom to watch his B & W. He refused to run A.C. and this is Texas. Old folks just conserved all they could.

We started having all their meals delivered and didn't mind paying. On Friday, they'd deliver the weekend meals too.

I truly wish I was still paying for those meals. :( They've both passed on now.

It is a good program. I just hate to see it taken advantage of when their are people who actually need the help. I wish I had taken a picture of what I saw then you could better understand what made my blood boil.

Latest posts