Crystalyx

Help Support CattleToday:

COMAIR

Reaction score
The hate the new degradable Crystalyx tubs. Does anyone know if the metal tubes are still available?

Our suppier said crystalix changed to this new tub. The cows eat the tub off then end up having to eat the blob off the ground. Now that I know the metal tub is still available, I'll be hunting another supplier.

Hum??? Didn't even know they made a degradable tub. All my suppliers only have the metal tubs. I'd better check into this and maybe pile up!!! Do you know why they are switching???

I work very part time at a feed store. The company rep for crystalyx brought one of the biobarrels by for us to display. After looking at it and listening to him discuss the pro's and con's, I think I prefer the metal tub for my situation because I have few cows and they are all right at the house.

The plus would be for the guy's that lease a lot of different places. It's quite convenient to drop of the tubs and forget about it. You don't have to go all around picking up empty tubs to return to your favorite feed store.

Around here we have 3 options. Black metal, blue plastic, and brown cardboard. They never get my empty tubs back. I use them for eveything.

They told me the bio tub is made from rice straw. They eat the tub within a week or two. I want metal again!!

Latest posts