Crude oil?

Help Support CattleToday:

Brute 23":128zj6kn said:
You can use it like WD-40 or for killing brush, that is about it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: AT $90 a barrel, I'll get out the brush axe and grubbing hoe. I am getting old tho. A super hard day's work will hurt for the next three :lol: :lol:

Send that crude in the trucks to Ponca City, OK. That is where most of it goes from this area.

At 90$ a barrel why would you worry about a barrel or two? :lol:

But actually, you as a mineral owner are lucky to get 1/5 of that $90. ;-)

Also, some people have oil tanks and wells sitting in their fields that they do not get the money from because some one else owns the minerals. That is also stealing if you get caught... :lol:

Don't have any oil here but if we did, I would think dipping politicians and telemarketers in it and then igniting them at night would be a dandy use of it. Watching them run through the fields at night would be heart-warming. :lol:

Jogeephus":2gngqkit said:
Don't have any oil here but if we did, I would think dipping politicians and telemarketers in it and then igniting them at night would be a dandy use of it. Watching them run through the fields at night would be heart-warming. :lol:

you got that right :D

You wouldn't want to put it in a vehicle. It needs to be refined, plus additives. I have been told that in the old days some wells produced a certain amount of something called "distillate" which some people would take and burn in their vehicles like gasoline.

We have a well that makes that.

It is real pure, kind of a whitish clear color, it isn't oily like crude oil. When you get it on you hands it evaporates. It does remind you alot of gasoline.

I have never tried it but I have heard the same thing about running it in vehicle.

Brute 23":3hm5qz6t said:
We have a well that makes that.

It is real pure, kind of a whitish clear color, it isn't oily like crude oil. When you get it on you hands it evaporates. It does remind you alot of gasoline.

I have never tried it but I have heard the same thing about ruinning it in vehicle.

My Dad ran that in his 77 Ford pickup, ran great! I sure wouldn't put it in a modern fuel injected pollution controlled vehicle though... could cause a TON of problems from plugged or burned injectors, valves, EGR, catalytic converters, O2 sensors, etc. The modern stuff is a LOT more picky on fuel standards/quality than the old carburated engines. It'd run fine in an old gas tractor or older lawnmower though.

As far as using the 'oil' for anything, I wouldn't use it in a gearbox or anything like that. Maybe chain lube or something but that's about it. The stuff hasn't been refined, so there is usually a certain amount of salt water dispersed in it, high amounts of sulfur and acids and crude oil can have literally dozens of different weights of oil in it all mixed together, from super light hydrocarbons like ether down to heavier molecules like gasoline and diesel, kerosene, light and heavy lube oil, to heavy oils and even tar and asphalt. Refining boils it all and then condenses the molecules out at their particular liquefying point to seperate them. Crude oil is about like mixing used 90/140 gear oil, liquid candle wax, used automatic tranny fluid, burned 20/50 motor oil from the tractor, used 10W40 from the pickup, used 5W20 from the wife's new car, used varsol, a splash or two of kerosene, a bit of diesel, a pint of gasoline, and some lighter fluid all together in a 5 gallon bucket. Would you put THAT in any of your equipment?? I sure wouldn't!! Plus, in addition to the fact that none of the impurities have been removed, none of the temperature stabilizers or pressure/anti-shear anti-wear additives are in there. The main difference between the oils we use today and the stuff they put in model T's is in the additives, and the additives really stabilize the oil at high temperatures and prevent a lot of unnecessary wear. Look at the life expectancy of equipment nowdays compared to stuff 60 years ago, and the stuff today is usually made shoddier, but lasts a lot longer! New materials (alloys) and better lubricants (additives) are the main reason....

If you need cheap lube oil go to TSC. OL JR :)

Latest posts