crockpot/slow cooker

Help Support CattleToday:

I think one of the biggest pieces of advice to kids going to college is don't listen to your professors. Universities and professors seem to have this liberal agenda they indoctrinate and push hard. How that got entrenched in academia I do not know but because college kids are so gullible it's dangerous.
College kids then forget what the real world is like and where they came from because they are in a bubble (in the real world you don't stumble into class in your pjs at 10 am, play games on your iphone during class, take an afternoon nap, then party til 2 am - you WORK!!! Professors hardly work and are insulated from most of the pressures of the economy by tenure and their beautifully manicured campuses and $$tudent loan debt so they can afford to be liberal hypocrites.
By golly though that same professor will complain that their low 6 figure salary is not high enough, that they should be able to spend even more time on their "research" (free trips to Italy to "examine and analyze" women's rights is post-modern Italy) again all financed on $$tudent loan debt. While they encourage the student loan debt ridden kids to go work for Americorps, dedicate their lives to volunteering and low paid feel good liberal jobs, or continue their studies at University X's grad school and continue to finance their low six figure salaries (where 1000 phDs compete for one liberal arts professorship job).
I didn't fall for any of their games and was not gullible like my peers. I worked a lot of hours outside of school both as internships to give me a leg up on a real world job and to help pay for the same. I was always aware that college was not the real world and that the real world did not owe me anything. The sooner kids, adults, etc learn this the better our country will be again!!

The slow cooker thread motivated me.
Steak last night was bad or the 12 pack idk but I've felt bad all day. Stomach been in knots all day. I ate a little this morning but that's it.
I carried a load of calves to the sale and never ate dinner( lunch)

My kitchen is still a work in progress so I don't have much yet. ( the keurig was cheap because of the color)
So I'm working with what's on hand.

I don't know how it's going to turn out but
Chicken breast
Salsa
Little V-8
Salt and pepper
I'll add a can of green beans once the chicken is almost done

Edit
Dishes in sink are clean but I don't have upper cabinets so no place for them yet.
Thought I posted this under " what are you eating "

Edit
It was really good
I think red potatos and corn would make it even better

Soup beans. Bone from a spiral sliced ham, beans, and water a couple of inches above the beans. Mash up a few 10 hrs later to get them good and thick. Corn bread and chow chow or squash relish and I am in heaven.

Cross-7":1y6yl2rh said:
The slow cooker thread motivated me.
Steak last night was bad or the 12 pack idk but I've felt bad all day. Stomach been in knots all day. I ate a little this morning but that's it.
I carried a load of calves to the sale and never ate dinner( lunch)

My kitchen is still a work in progress so I don't have much yet. ( the keurig was cheap because of the color)
So I'm working with what's on hand.

I don't know how it's going to turn out but
Chicken breast
Salsa
Little V-8
Salt and pepper
I'll add a can of green beans once the chicken is almost done

Edit
Dishes in sink are clean but I don't have upper cabinets so no place for them yet.
Thought I posted this under " what are you eating "

Edit
It was really good
I think red potatos and corn would make it even better

I call it dinner and supper too don't need to translate for me! ;-)

NECowboy":2pyaq035 said:
MudHog":2pyaq035 said:
Here is my Saturday beef roast during and post results. I didn't try the slow cooker again yet, but nothing like browning meat to make a dark gravy. Cooked covered for right at 3.5 hours.

Wow is that hash and rice or what is that over the rice? Southern food is God's gift to the world!

Just the gravy from the roast and small piece of roast that broke apart.

MudHog":18ynkbpz said:
NECowboy":18ynkbpz said:
MudHog":18ynkbpz said:
Here is my Saturday beef roast during and post results. I didn't try the slow cooker again yet, but nothing like browning meat to make a dark gravy. Cooked covered for right at 3.5 hours.

Wow is that hash and rice or what is that over the rice? Southern food is God's gift to the world!

Just the gravy from the roast and small piece of roast that broke apart.

Sweet I love hash and rice but it's like gizzards, liver, different stuff from a pig. Popular in SC and usually served at most Midlands and Lowcountry BBQ joints.

Cross, I'm trying your idea with the salsa. I want to make spicy shredded beef for tacos, burritos and sandwiches. I chunked some rump roast and put 2 small jars of salsa and diced up 2 habaneros. I took most of the seeds out. I will try it this evening and maybe add more habaneros. I love their flavor. I feel like I should add something else. Anyone have ideas?

ohiosteve":36p602hf said:
Cross, I'm trying your idea with the salsa. I want to make spicy shredded beef for tacos, burritos and sandwiches. I chunked some rump roast and put 2 small jars of salsa and diced up 2 habaneros. I took most of the seeds out. I will try it this evening and maybe add more habaneros. I love their flavor. I feel like I should add something else. Anyone have ideas?

That looks good except I'd of gone with jalapeño and green chili's
I'm not man enough for habenero's :D

I could never eat a habanero whole. But if you take the seeds out I think the flavor is just awesome. It will still make you sweat. If you cook it for a while the heat changes, I feel like it is not as intense but it creeps up on you.

Latest posts