Craigslist prize bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

It amazes me how many people think that if it has a pair, it's good breeding stock. And that goes for dogs, horses and cattle. If the animal doesn't have something going for it, don't breed it, especially dogs and horses. I want a dog or horse that's by and out of something that has good sense.

I know, not a bull, but it's amazing the knowledge of some cattle owners.

Must be the latest trend, Black Jersey.

I wonder if it's supposed to be a joke. That cow is thin even by dairy standards.

They probably probably have a second ad where they're trying to sell that bull in the background as an Angus.

I've always heard " buy livestock that you can provide a better place to than where they come from." I pass by a place twice a day on my bus route that has probably 10 or so cows, mostly black with a few brindle running with a BWF bull, poorest cows I believe I've ever seen. They calved last spring when they first put them out there, calves probably only weighed 250-300lbs when they pulled them off in December. Probably around 15 acres of pasture that they ate the grass down on within the first month. Afew have calved again this spring to my surprise. Every time I pass by I think, " I hope I know what day they sell out and I can go to the sale, because I could definitely offer a better place than they've got now." If those cows are surviving on the place they're on, they should thrive on my place. I've thought about offering them $250/head but they probably think they have $1200 cows.
This post had nothing to do with a craigslist ad but these cattle makes me think of the kind of people buying and selling calves on craigslist thinking they've got some real deal cattle that are worth alot.

I've always heard " buy livestock that you can provide a better place to than where they come from." I pass by a place twice a day on my bus route that has probably 10 or so cows, mostly black with a few brindle running with a BWF bull, poorest cows I believe I've ever seen. They calved last spring when they first put them out there, calves probably only weighed 250-300lbs when they pulled them off in December. Probably around 15 acres of pasture that they ate the grass down on within the first month. Afew have calved again this spring to my surprise. Every time I pass by I think, " I hope I know what day they sell out and I can go to the sale, because I could definitely offer a better place than they've got now." If those cows are surviving on the place they're on, they should thrive on my place. I've thought about offering them $250/head but they probably think they have $1200 cows.
This post had nothing to do with a craigslist ad but these cattle makes me think of the kind of people buying and selling calves on craigslist thinking they've got some real deal cattle that are worth alot.
I don't appreciate you making fun of my critters, Sir!

And I wouldn't take 1200. They're 1500 easy! Cull cow prices are up. And these ain't culls. Never seen a sale barn.

There was an old rancher that dad worked for that said he would rather have two skinny cows than one fat one. His place was thirty miles wide by 90 miles long, and ran about 12000 head. Although dad is not really sure he actually knew how many he had.

Latest posts