Coyote vs 9mm

Help Support CattleToday:

Hook

Reaction score
A small one light town in central florida
We just got done moving the ball to another property so he can breathe those cows are ready. As for dropping them out of the trailer the cows come running up and we look up and there's a coyote stand about 75 to hundred out. Of course, I didn't have my rifle in the truck for some reason. I think I had with my 9 mm. So I grabbed it open the door instead of myself on the pillar and pulled first saw it as I held over about 12 inches and it had about 2 inches hi behind him and about 50 feet back. He started running and I pulled the follow-up shot off and he lurched and stumbled and kept running. Codey says I hit him. I guess we'll find out. If I did it's got to be the luckiest shot in the world with that pistol at that range.

Hook":1oedv9s6 said:
We just got done moving the bull to another property so he can breed some cows . As we were dropping them out of the trailer the cows come running up and we look up and there's a coyote stand about 75 to hundred yards out. Of course, I didn't have my rifle in the truck for some reason. Only thing I had with me was my 9 mm. So I grabbed it, opened the door and steadied myself on the pillar and pulled. First shot I held over about 12 inches and it hit about 2 inches hi behind him and about 50 feet back. He started running and I pulled the follow-up shot off and he lurched and stumbled and kept running. Codey says I hit him. I guess we'll find out. If I did it's got to be the luckiest shot in the world with that pistol at that range.
Fixed. :lol: I must have been using that speak to text option. :lol:

I got lucky like this once. Much closer shot though. Pulled through the gate and there was a coyote 20 yards in front of the truck. I had a 9mm in my holster. I jumped out, he took off running straight away. Held over his head and shot. Bullet hit him in the spine mid-back. He died. He was running straight away which was a much easier shot than a crossing attempt. He was about 45 yards away when I shot. I could try that same shot 50 times and not get that lucky.

2 years ago a friend shot a deer with a Ruger 40 cal at 72 steps. He bragged and took pictures and a couple days later he told me he had missed it at 15 steps. 32 steps, 45 steps, 58 steps and then finally hit it.

kenny thomas":1qc1efc9 said:
2 years ago a friend shot a deer with a Ruger 40 cal at 72 steps. He bragged and took pictures and a couple days later he told me he had missed it at 15 steps. 32 steps, 45 steps, 58 steps and then finally hit it.
I would never admit to that :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol2:

Latest posts