cows out

Help Support CattleToday:

if you parked anything in the road around here someone would surely run into it on purpose and sue you for all they could. and likely win. i will park on the side of the road with hazzards flashing or get a nice passerby (we have those here) to do that if i need to run the cow with my vehichle. most of the time i use the fourwheeler and for some reason most of our cows are too afraid to get on the pavement. we tried to drive some across the road one time and couldnt get any of them to step onto the road..

If you have fence along a road, like we do, run that puppy as strong and hot as you can. We run 7 strand HT wire with the top 4 hot. Does'nt mean they can't get out someplace else, but it is cheaper than law suits. Did they go through the fence or over it? Once a jumper, always a jumper. Now if I can just figure out a way to mow my side ditches without folks blowing by the tractor at 65mph and only missing by a foot or two. :mad:

sambo":27wxsmfy said:
Caustic, thanks for the insight? Been thinking about a 5 wire electric fence along the road front. How did you know mine were angus, they must get out all over the world.

Well since you have them hateful little cattle might consider net wire fence with a couple of strands of barbed wire on top and hot strand on the pasture side. In my opinon that would be cheap along a road. As far as knowing what you had this ain't my first rodeo.