Cows fighting

Help Support CattleToday:

JRM

Reaction score
I have noticed this over the years and does not happen all the time but every once in a while, I will have a cow that is getting close to calving and she will start fighting with others. The cows seem to get along ok rest of the year but when they get a week or 2 away from calving sometimes they go to fighting. Have others every seen this or why.

Yes especially lately. We have cows missing hide everywhere. We also have 3 with broken horns.

We started putting out protein blocks with their mineral blocks. It seemed to really fire them up.

Just sorting out the pecking order.

Saw a 14 month old heifer take on a 2 1/2 year old the other day. Was doing pretty good until about 10 other cows came to put her back in her place.

Toward the end of my wifes pregnancy's she was no box of chocolates. ;-)

Walt

hrbelgians":24q2lsxu said:
:clap: :clap: :clap: However, mine craved for chocolate at this time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Let me guess, it had to be World's Finest Chocolate and there were no ball teams selling any at that time. If you could get it within 10 minutes, you were only going to be about an hour late. :lol: :lol:

had one a couple weeks ago that was bent on fighting, she wa s wearing this other heavy plumb out, had to seperate em. she had a calf the next morning

Well mine that was doing all the fighting calved yesterday. These cows seem to have no issues except a few days before they calve and it not it does not happen ever time they calve.
Hopefully they will behave now that she has calved. Today the ones fighting Monday were close together getting along good.
Thanks for all the replies.

Latest posts