cows are....

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
THE DUMBEST ANIMALS IN THE WORLD--AND I AM NOT KIDDING!!!!

I am in a rage right now, I have had a horrendous morning, and its not over yet, I still have to go and do several hours of fencing. I am truly sick of cows, that is including small calves also! If someone asked me if they could get into farming, dairying, today I would say save yourself the nightmare and don't even think about it.

GMN

GMN":2leyylcj said:
THE DUMBEST ANIMALS IN THE WORLD

Sometimes makes one wonder why we raise the stupid things, or what it says about how smart we are.

by your dissgusted post im betting you have cows scattered all over.milk cows in with dry cows an vice versa.as well as all the heifers out.baby calves will be baby calves.causing trouble is their middle name.

dun":2rl2o2pt said:
GMN":2rl2o2pt said:
THE DUMBEST ANIMALS IN THE WORLD

Sometimes makes one wonder why we raise the stupid things, or what it says about how smart we are.

Does make you question your IQ when you are getting outsmarted by an animal that has a stomach 30 times larger than its brain.

Yes they may push you some times but u know what I would luv to have all mine back in the barn since Im in college now I do not have cattle. But to me raising cattle is about the closed thing to heaven on earth for me :D. Just take a moment and count your blessing and chill ;-) We all get to that point when there is livestock in our lives.

i also had a terrible morning. electric fence, crazy cows, chutes that smash fingers and one p-oed teenager do NOT mix at all.

i hate that i love cattle. :|

GMN":2otpbwy0 said:
THE DUMBEST ANIMALS IN THE WORLD--AND I AM NOT KIDDING!!!!

... I would say save yourself the nightmare and don't even think about it.

GMN

The trouble is, you are already IN. :cry2:
I would have shot all of mine, several times over, :banana: but I can't afford to bury them. :(

Maineshowgirl":2m6aph7i said:
Yes they may push you some times but u know what I would luv to have all mine back in the barn since Im in college now I do not have cattle. But to me raising cattle is about the closed thing to heaven on earth for me :D. Just take a moment and count your blessing and chill ;-) We all get to that point when there is livestock in our lives.

I second that. :nod:

IluvABbeef":14m70gnn said:
Maineshowgirl":14m70gnn said:

I second that. :nod:

:cboy:

My fater-in-law always told me, "Whatever a cow doesn't tear up, it'll crap on"

After three years of raising cows, I now know exactly what he meant.

GMN,
Hope your week gets better!

I take offence when someone calls a cow stupid from all the times they have out smarted me :help:

Somebody here on this board told me to " Put my big girl panties on" ( see post "I wanna
quit") Does that go for guys as well? :mrgreen: :lol2: :lol2:

holly heifer":j5cr6dq3 said:
Somebody here on this board told me to " Put my big girl panties on" ( see post "I wanna
quit") Does that go for guys as well? :mrgreen: :lol2: :lol2:

:clap: :lol: :clap: :lol: :tiphat:

There has only been one time where I have ever been said to myself, "why do I do this?" While attempting to get a cow and her calf to the barn in the cold, pouring down rain, momma was not liking me messing with her calf, and had a small river running through the calving lot. 2 hours and soaked to the bone later, I got home at 2am. Took a nice long hot shower and realized I gave up a little sleep to save a life, and if she turns out the way her genetics say she will, a very nice chunk of change.

I guess through all of the hard work, struggles, mended fences, death losses, and injuries, I will always enjoy watching those young calves grow in the pasture. And then the day they are $old.

I'd much rather go to bed tired and frustrated with my cattle operation than spend the rest of my life living depressed, sitting behind a desk wearing a 3 piece suit and pretending I love my job and everybody that walked into my office. Already tried that and ended up on meds. This way I only have myself to blame for most things. I don't think cows are dumb at all. Heck we could all be trying to herd cats. :lol2: :lol2:

TexasBred":altm49ao said:
I'd much rather go to bed tired and frustrated with my cattle operation than spend the rest of my life living depressed, sitting behind a desk wearing a 3 piece suit and pretending I love my job and everybody that walked into my office. Already tried that and ended up on meds. This way I only have myself to blame for most things. I don't think cows are dumb at all. Heck we could all be trying to herd cats. :lol2: :lol2:
well said TB alot of people spend their lives working at a job they hate.wondering why they took a job like that.i always its better todo a job you love an make a living than to get rich at a job you hate.i dont care about getting rich.all i want todo is what i love for the rest of my life.

bigbull338":3l76uiwn said:
TexasBred":3l76uiwn said:
well said TB alot of people spend their lives working at a job they hate.wondering why they took a job like that.i always its better todo a job you love an make a living than to get rich at a job you hate.i dont care about getting rich.all i want todo is what i love for the rest of my life.

Actually it is quite easy to herd cats-lol

GMN

Latest posts