Cows and bull attacked yote this morning.

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
sounds like they quickly ran him out of their pasture.i know the yotes are bad here.but so far they havent bothered anything.

Ours are pretty much the same wya. If whatever the intruder is happens to be a couple of hundred yards they'll just head that way at a fast walk. Any closer and it's a stampede. Turkeys, dillers, coons, skunks, vultures, coyotes, whatever, they behave the same.

Saw a Pronghorn Buck and doe do the same thing last summer. There was a second doe that had just dropped a fawn and the Coyote was sneaking around looking for an easy meal. Those Antelope didn't fool around they chased him over 400yds before they quit.

TMC: How is it possible that you have a Char-Angus cross heifer, I thought Chars were cow killers, or is it an orphan, that you raised on the bottle?

Needless to say he keeps that junk bull where it belongs now. That thing is a killer to he tried to kill me 4-5 times while penning him also.[/quote]

Do we send the bull the reward money or just a nice Thank You note.?????? :lol: :cowboy:

3waycross":7k1cxcdg said:
Needless to say he keeps that junk bull where it belongs now. That thing is a killer to he tried to kill me 4-5 times while penning him also.

Do we send the bull the reward money or just a nice Thank You note.?????? :lol: :cowboy:[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TNMasterBeefProducer":1ntvwcop said:
Maybe next I can get em to attack rock springs.
I thought they were hamburger now. I've never seen hamburger attack anyone.

I have some cows trample some wild hogs before. The cows seemed pretty pissed the hogs (3) were in their pasture, but when the hogs tried to put up a fight the cows surrounded them and charged. It killed 2 of them on the spot and I am sure the other hog died later on.

TNMasterBeefProducer":7f66nj4n said:
It got away quicker than I could load the gun. I actually got the gun out to shoot it but it got away. I reckon the cows did enough damage to it. I have never had a problem with yotes. I know they are there but if and when I see any it is usually just one at a time and the cows or my young bull always run em off. I find it funny that they try and gather around the cattle dog and lick it and what not but when it comes to a yote they are mean. I reckon they can tell the difference. How I do not know.
TNMBP-

They can tell by the "smell" of the yote. They also know that the cow dogs are not a REAL danger to them.

DOC HARRIS

Latest posts