cow with very loose stool

Help Support CattleToday:

wood2

Reaction score
I bought a angus cow at sale, most tame cow ever; I believe she is close to calving but don't know for sure, she's not really bagged much, but very loose vulva, she is aprox 6-7 years old, not overly heavy other than she looks like she swallowed a 55 gal drum, heavy with calf or calves? Should her stool be really loose? I have had her aprox 3 months. She eats good and drinks, slow walking though. :shock:

Had vet out for a check, 100# calf he said she's got a few days watch her close she made need help he said, just loosening up alot! :?

Good you had the vet out, I'm sure it is peace of mind for you.
I too have to wonder how he can approximate the weight of your calf.
Maybe it is twins, maybe that is why she was sold ~ history of twins....
Let us know and Lots Of Luck!!

baxter78":1qnv8mnz said:
wood2":1qnv8mnz said:
Had vet out for a check, 100# calf he said she's got a few days watch her close she made need help he said, just loosening up alot! :?

How exactly does one way a calf while it is still in the womb? Interesting....

If he rectally palpated her, a good vet can give a fairly accuarte assesment of size when they're close to calving by the size of what he gets a hold of.

Vet said due to the size of the hoof and I guess the feel of the calf but he stressed the hoof size was large, the cow is very heavy with calf. He did say it could be large and boney or large and heavy weight, that was his guesstiment!

Latest posts