Cow Pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

Are you on a windows computer? quick and easy>

Pressing the little windows button on your keyboard and the letter R will open the run menu, type mspaint (or find it in your program list under start menu, under Accessories)

you can either open the image in paint by clicking in the top left hand drop down, or drag and drop the image into the paint window

Just in from the left hand side there is a button called resize, click it and then a small window opens up, with 2 blanks for how much of a percentage you want to resize

I normally use like a 30 and it will automatically put it in the other blank as you type it. close the small window, then go file, save as, choose a name for the picture and save it where ever you like. Its now much smaller and easier to handle (30% of its original size) I save it under a new name, so that I still have the full size original.

Once you do it a couple times its really quick and easy. Mac computer? no idea. :lol:

BCG, what lovely cows! I especially like the hip/hind leg on that first cow.

The terrain is nice there. Is it farmland? Pretty view with the montains in the background.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I actually have probably several hundred pictures but these were easiest to access. And yes, photobucket is a drag.

I didn't resize mine though, I just click ctrl and minus to see the picture better.

SD I will try that. Thank you! (It is windows.) I usually send them from my phone directly to photo bucket. So not sure how I can do it going that route. But I should be able to do it if they are already on my computer.

Thank you Laura Lee and Rafter. We live in Orchard and cattle country. Walnut and Pecan orchards in the front and all down the street with cattle ranches towards the mountains. Very fertile soil, but lousy on minerals. Most of us flood irrigate so the grass is green all summer if the water holds out.

branguscowgirl":3f1hnz3p said:
SD I will try that. Thank you! (It is windows.) I usually send them from my phone directly to photo bucket. So not sure how I can do it going that route. But I should be able to do it if they are already on my computer.

Thank you Laura Lee and Rafter. We live in Orchard and cattle country. Walnut and Pecan orchards in the front and all down the street with cattle ranches towards the mountains. Very fertile soil, but lousy on minerals. Most of us flood irrigate so the grass is green all summer if the water holds out.

I send mine from my phone to my computer then crop them to what I want. I then send them straight to photobucket as a preview and an attachment. They always show up there twice, one large picture and one small. I simply post the one I need from there. I have never had to resize a picture yet.

Beautiful cattle and great pictures. I enjoyed seeing them. Thanks for sharing.

I'll play. Not real recent pictures, I believe they were taken in December.
Here's two of our young PB Red Angus cows.
25_zpsefmqpx4l.jpg

21_zpslrkhcd1d.jpg

And two of our young PB Angus cows.
04_zpsi8xhvxiw.jpg

11_zps60gdylar.jpg

These photos are of a few Murray Grey cows from our herd.
This cow is pictured at 7 years of age. She has produced some excellent bull calves for us in the past, and quality heifers too. She has another bull calf this year; she has now had 4 in a row.
IMG_1861_zps6d90f47f.jpg

Another Murray Grey cow, she is 8 years old in the photo and was raising a bull calf at the time. She has a heifer calf this year, and I am hoping that she develops as well as I hope.
IMG_1883_zpse9bc14c2.jpg

This cow is our very best producer; she raises some of the best, if not the best, calves year after year in our herd. She is pictured at 11 years of age. She has a heifer calf this year, and I am hoping that she will develop as well as her siblings. This cow is a frame score 3, and weighed 1,240 lbs after weaning her calf last year.
IMG_2035_zps132ff735.jpg

This last photo was taken in 2013. The cow was 4 1/2 years old at the time. She has a really promising bull calf this year. She is a really easy keeper too.
IMG_1860_zps7200ae69.jpg

Latest posts