Cow Pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks for the compliments. I might be making a big mistake, but only time will tell. The plan is to make some shorty influenced brood cows to breed to a black bull. Shorthorns that aren't super clubby aren't very common around here, so, I've got a couple of heifers that I'm going to raise a few purebreds with, see what lines work for me, so when the time comes to make some more shorty influenced commercial cows, I won't have to hunt so hard for a bull that I like. I might even put a straw of polled Hereford in a shorthorn cow every now and again, too, to make some brood cows, while I'm running a black bull. I'll know in ten years if it was a good idea or not.

Andyva":3gexhvfh said:
Thanks for the compliments. I might be making a big mistake, but only time will tell. The plan is to make some shorty influenced brood cows to breed to a black bull. Shorthorns that aren't super clubby aren't very common around here, so, I've got a couple of heifers that I'm going to raise a few purebreds with, see what lines work for me, so when the time comes to make some more shorty influenced commercial cows, I won't have to hunt so hard for a bull that I like. I might even put a straw of polled Hereford in a shorthorn cow every now and again, too, to make some brood cows, while I'm running a black bull. I'll know in ten years if it was a good idea or not.

Don't be afraid to put a purebred black GV. bull on those shorthorn crosses. My buddy has a GV/Shorty/RA herd that throws some great calves.

I really like the butts on the gelbviehs, I will probably go that route when I get my AI game down a little better.

As I said in the 'calf' thread, I no longer have a camera that works right (it overexposes and has horizontal lines) , but I'll try to post some taken when it was late in the day.
I have some beefmasters too but they are in another pasture.
spring2015%20018_zpsklr1beuq.jpg

spring2015%20021_zpswktbmcba.jpg

spring2015%20014_zpswkmpxgu8.jpg

Love the white cows.
FB_20150410_17_43_11_Saved_Picture.jpg

Fitz, are those fancy cows from your old bull? He was nice and looks like he made outstanding females for you. :clap:

JWBrahman":2rkvl4sr said:
Love the white cows.
FB_20150410_17_43_11_Saved_Picture.jpg

Fitz, are those fancy cows from your old bull? He was nice and looks like he made outstanding females for you. :clap:

Yes. Most of those were out of either the old Alliance bull I've posted on here before or a Traveler lineage bull I had on Simmental cows. I had decided to convert to sim/angus females.

Ok this is a picture of one of my favorite old cows she was 13 when this photo was taken. Based on the heifer calf she had that year and her production record we made the decision to flush her. The first flush we flushed her to our own bull Coleman EXT 6149 we got 14 eggs, the second flush was to Final Answer 0035 we froze 32 eggs. The cow got injured after we flushed her the second time and had to be sent to town, I am so thankful we have the eggs in the tank out of this cow. I never said she was a pretty cow but pretty is as pretty does so to me she was beautiful.

This was the heifer calf she weaned at 13 years old. I have eggs in the tank out of this mating, we are actually sending the 1103 cow to the Southeast Select sale this year. There was some arm twisting involved, but they finally talked me into letting her go. We are retaining the first heifer calf out of 1103 she will be selling with a bull calf on her side out of SAV Resource 1441 AI'd back to OCC Paxton 730P then pasture exposed to Gizmo EXT 1246. Her maternal sister 525 is a Pathfinder in our herd. This is a cow family that works.

gizmom

This is Cole, she is due 5-19. AI'D to Boyds new day 8006 she is 5 and hasn't missed a beat.

This is Nugget, Coles 3rd heifer out of a son of New Design 878. She is AI'd to Absolute.

This is Yoh, JCL loadstar grand daughter. She is AI'd to a son of Final Answer. I can't wait for my first AI calf.

I really enjoy this type of thread. Here's a cow I sold last winter and got a really good price for. I have really regretted selling her. She's not what most of you on here would look for, but ignore the horns and color and she is a heck of a cow. If I ever get serious I would love to find a group like her and put a good linebred bull on that group and watch the money pile up.

Thanks for all the great pictures everyone. This is really an enjoyable thread!
I guess I will have to get busy diggin up some photos myself.

branguscowgirl":oaj3340j said:
I guess I will have to get busy diggin up some photos myself.

Please do. I'm anxious to see some of your Brangus. And I'm enjoying seeing everyone else's.

Latest posts