Cow Pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

Williamsv":2itgdzwh said:
I like those Oreo cows. Looking good. Thanks for sharing.
I love them also. Very few of them around here for sale, I tried to find one a few years back.

All are beautiful cows posted. I sure enjoy seeing everyone's livestock. Thanks for posting them.

RBB, I have a pair of 4 year old Gelbvieh cross cows with Limo calves... I think you'd like them, They're nearly 4 months old now, and they sure look good.. both have butts like the steer you showed, but I think the chest of one of mine is deeper.. both the cows are about 1300 lb'ers and if I keep the calves on them for the full 205 days I figure they'll both be above 700 lbs. I'll have to try and get some good pics up here

Boot Jack Bulls":3lxe9i6p said:
This is our only registered purebred Angus female. She is a daughter of our Max bull. She does a fantastic job and has raised 3 calves that all are breeding replacements. First 2 calves were bulls, one sired by SAV Brand Name and the other a limflex sired by one of our bulls. She currently has a limflex heifer at side that sure is fancy!

I'd be keeping more of Max's daughters myself.

Don't judge; she will always be my bottle baby. 1st calf heifer, naturally she prolapsed and this is her reward for letting me take out her stitches in the middle of the pasture - as opposed to the hassle & subsequent drama of getting her to the barn & working her in the chute. In one end & out another :)

TCRanch you're a hoot! And I thought my cows were spoiled by getting hand fed cucumbers and squash every night.
You will be "judged" no doubt. But not by me. Everyone enjoys their cattle in their own way. :)

branguscowgirl":315uy8dk said:
TCRanch you're a hoot! And I thought my cows were spoiled by getting hand fed cucumbers and squash every night.
You will be "judged" no doubt. But not by me. Everyone enjoys their cattle in their own way. :)

In that case . . . prior to Hostess going bankrupt in 2012 I used to buy racks of the day-old bread, Twinkies, donuts, cupcakes, etc from the local Hostess Outlet. Evey one of our girls (including calves & bulls) got a treat every day after feeding - all hand-feeders. I even used to shove Sustain & aspirin boluses inside a Twinkie for waaaaay easy doctoring in the pasture. That is unless it was summer when they craved salt, in which case I would throw meds in a bowl with tortilla chips - worked every time. Let the judging begin!

TCRanch":dd1fefo7 said:
branguscowgirl":dd1fefo7 said:

In that case . . . prior to Hostess going bankrupt in 2012 I used to buy racks of the day-old bread, Twinkies, donuts, cupcakes, etc from the local Hostess Outlet. Evey one of our girls (including calves & bulls) got a treat every day after feeding - all hand-feeders. I even used to shove Sustain & aspirin boluses inside a Twinkie for waaaaay easy doctoring in the pasture. That is unless it was summer when they craved salt, in which case I would throw meds in a bowl with tortilla chips - worked every time. Let the judging begin!
Next time just put the pills in a bucket of Margaritas with a little lime with the salt on the rim of the bucket

Angus Cowman":3av7sus6 said:
TCRanch":3av7sus6 said:
branguscowgirl":3av7sus6 said:

Next time just put the pills in a bucket of Margaritas with a little lime with the salt on the rim of the bucket

Medicated and happy cows - I'm in! Note to self: bring camera.

Great to see others giving their cattle treats. Ours love bread. We get bags of bread too old to sell. The cows and older calves love it. The best way I know to tame a cow is with bread. My mama taught me that years ago. I think you should do anything with them that makes them happy and contented, and makes you feel good too.
I love to hand feed mine! Just fed them this afternoon. Of course they don't all come up to eat, but a lot do. This is also a good way to tame calves so they will be easy to shut up when you get ready to sell them. I tamed the cow that we could not load last December. She refused to leave the place. I started working with her and she would walk up to the truck when we drove out in the pasture to get bread. Loaded her last month with no problem. It surprised me!

Williamsv":2znhnr7e said:
The best way I know to tame a cow is with bread. My mama taught me that years ago.

Thought I'd revive this thread if no one minds. And I never tried bread, but pears (cut into quarters) work wonders.

Latest posts