Cow low milk

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have a cow that is not producing milk with<br>her new calf like she has done in the past. I am<br>curious if could have anything to do with us<br>having to feed so much hay this year. Any<br>ideas?<p>Thanks,<br>Todd
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

I doubt feeding hay has anything to do with your cow producing less milk, unless the quality of the hay is poor. We calve in Feb & March & have to feed hay until late spring & our cows produce more than enough milk. Cows will produce more milk on fresh grass than they do on hay, but we don't see a tremendous difference except in our pocketbook. <p>If you want to try and increase this cow's milk production, you might try giving her some grain each day & see if her production increases. Start with a pound or two a day and increase by a pound every 3 to 4 days up to 1% of her weight maximum.
<br>

(User Above)":353n275v said:
: I doubt feeding hay has anything to do with your cow producing less milk, unless the quality of the hay is poor. We calve in Feb & March & have to feed hay until late spring & our cows produce more than enough milk. Cows will produce more milk on fresh grass than they do on hay, but we don't see a tremendous difference except in our pocketbook. <p>: If you want to try and increase this cow's milk production, you might try giving her some grain each day & see if her production increases. Start with a pound or two a day and increase by a pound every 3 to 4 days up to 1% of her weight maximum. <p>if you ahve been feeding alot of and not feeding much a grain a cow milk drop quite a bit in production<p>rick beckard
<br>

[email protected]

Latest posts