Cow isn't rebreeding

Help Support CattleToday:

longhorn314

Reaction score
I have an approx.7 yr old cow who is by a hereford bull and and a red angus cross cow.She's marked liked a nice hereford.Anyways,I have raised I think 3 calves from her.3 years ago I had a Charlois bull.I had to pull a real hard pull tu get this calf out of her.The calf's head was a little swollen by the time I got to it and his tongue was sticking out a little.She was a shaky in her back end for about 20 minutes after getting up and she ended up being all right within a few hours of standing.I lost the calf the next day.I sold the bull because of other big calves that came from other heifers but not from a cow.She had never had any problems.But I thought that she was bred back and didn't calve last year.So my new angus bull,I thought would give her a try last breeding season.I didn't have a calve this year either.One vet said she probably may not be coming back into heat.My bull has never seemed interested in her.The vet said it shouldn't have done any damage to her.I will probably sell her but just wondering if anybody had any suggestions?Thanks

Kind of far down the line for good suggestions on how to get her bred. Ship her

dun

She tore something inside when she had the monster calf. Tearing can lead to infection which can lead to ovarian cysts. Ship her.

I'd take her to the vet have her checked, maybe she needs to be implanted, shot of cystorillen, an exam could tell the whole story. Usually a tear in a dairy animal like I have, would produce some very classic symptoms in the animal. Sometimes they also do not breed back, because of cysts, heat, alot of reasons, some are treatable though, just depends on what route you want to take with her.

GMN

longhorn314":1yeei73h said:
The vet said it shouldn't have done any damage to her.

The vet should know better than this. she tore something (probably cervix) calving or either you did pulling. sell her, she wont breed.

Latest posts