Cow horns

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
Hey, my dad is looking for a source of cow horns, they aren't for displays so they can be funny shapes, but he doesn't want bull horns.. anyone know of such a source?

My old man makes some homeopathic preparations with them... I'm not sold on the idea, but I'm not against it either...

Can they have been sawed off a live cow?
We preg checked last month and cut several horns off cows. They are 6-8" I would imagine.
The dogs have not yet found them so they should still be over by the squeeze.

Nesikep":34cchzq6 said:
they could be, but if I remember correctly you're down under, right?

Nope. That's jilleroo. Confusing, I know. :lol:

We're towards Williams Lake.

Oh wow, you're pretty close, I have a friend on the west side by willies puddle I might see at some point, I could make a trip of it.. probably late springtime or so

yes, the name IS confusing

Still looking, maybe some of you Texas folk could find some? If we could get 100 that would be great, we'd take more if we can get them

Nesikep":3c0erlio said:
Still looking, maybe some of you Texas folk could find some? If we could get 100 that would be great, we'd take more if we can get them

We usually have several sets each year, from cattle we slaughter for our USDA Inspected lean Longhorn beef we sell.

On the other hand, we've been getting between $50 and $350 for a set.

I don't think any USA cattle people could ship to Canada without going through a lot of Custom's regulations, expense of postage, etc. IMO would be prohibitive from both buyer & seller. Just my thoughts...

Bill

How about veterinarians in your area? The vets here usually dehorn quite a few head of cattle during the year. I feel sure you could find some there.

Circle H Ranch

I'll ask our vet, but generally speaking we never see horned cattle in the area.

RA Bill, these don't need to be Longhorn horns, and yes I'm aware that you can get a pretty penny for a nice set of them, we're just looking for some, 10-12" long is a fine length, any shape is fine as long as the bone can be removed

We'd get them shipped to Blaine Wa and go pick them up ourselves... would save a lot in shipping

I thought there were horned cattle pretty much everywhere. Let me talk to a couple of vets here. If you want to pay the shipping I think I can come up with you some. How many would you want? horns? Pounds of horns? etc. I am carrying two bulls to get semen checked tomorrow. I can ask one of the vets then.

Circle H Ranch

if we could get a 100 lb potato sack full, that would be great, we would pay shipping. Speaking of bulls, we aren't looking for any bull horns, and just in case you don't know how to tell the difference, bull horns don't have the lactation rings that the cows have in their horns

thanks!

Latest posts