Cow Disposal

Help Support CattleToday:

Fella down the road from my office has a feed lot and backgrounding operation going. He will loose 2 or 3 sale barn calves every year. I bury them with my backhoe for him. This is right on the edge of the indusrial park. Won,t be a whole lot longer before he sells out to them. Just wonder what they will think when they dig up all those skeletons.

I bury them with the front end loader, keep a couple extra holes predug in case of frozen ground. If someone's nice enough to let you hunt on their land, you're not supposed to notice things like that. :)

And they're called morels. ;-)

cfpinz

CopeMan":5ng4uo79 said:
Beefy":5ng4uo79 said:
CopeMan":5ng4uo79 said:
rkm":5ng4uo79 said:
CopeMan, sorry about changing the subject, but I didn't know anyone went coonhunting anymore.
I work with a guy who still uses an outhouse. And has no running water and has to cross a creek to get home. People hunt herbs, like Ginseng and Blood root. People hunt mushrooms, called Morals (Dry Land Fish). Hope this answered your question. Feel free to ask more. If you ever get the chance to go coonhunting, try it. Those Adirondacks might have some good coonhunting.

wow. you ARE from Tennessee.

Haha, yes sir.
there fellers in my neck of the woods. who's very existance revolve's around coon hunt'in. they will have more money in their walkers than there home's. and more thought of than their wives.he11 we even got a coon dog cemetary

We call up a (semi) local mink farm, doesn't matter the size, they take away anything for free, as long as the hide is still intact (not been dead for several days - in hot weather)

Michele

1-800-DEADCOW $45.00 Call before 7:30 am. For all the cows. The calves my husband has been taking to his shop to burn.

I've been composting for the last 10 years or so. I just dump some old hay or manure on the ground, add the cow, and cover them with about a foot of manure. I might have to come back with another scoop of manure if something starts digging them up, but that's usually not a problem if I cover them well enough to begin with. About all that's left after several months are the skull and the hip bones.

They used to pay a few dollars for dead cows. Then it was free pick-up, but no pay, now it's a $45 fee.

Coon hunting around here is usually done one of two ways.

1. Usually cool nights. Build a small fire, sit around drink beer, BS with the buddies and listen every now and then to the dogs when they have treed a coon. Gather up the dogs and go home.

2. Actually coon hunt. Guys have those miner lights attached to their caps and follow the dogs.

I don't coon hunt but we let the neighbor's "coon hunters club" run on some of the place.

Cuz

Latest posts