Cow Creek merger

Help Support CattleToday:

brenda

Reaction score
Read where Southern Cattle has acquired Cow Creek Ranch.....I have to wonder what Joe would think about this. The article does not mention Matt at all, so it seems he's out of the picture, but I see where Joy has come on board with the new guys. I don't think he was serious about the ranching lifestyle to begin with. The October sale is not even going to be held at the ranch. Just goes to show, when you're gone, all the hard work you have put into something just goes to past. So sad.

Why don't we wait and see how it plays out before we start trying to read between the lines. Both are good operations. Mergers are not uncommon in any business and often is best for both sides. Joe might have had this all worked out long ago.

From the CowCreek website:
Both John Downs and Lamont Ennis of Southern Cattle Company agree the addition of the Cow Creek Ranch program will fortify their offering of unparalleled quality genetics to customers in the entire southern region of the U.S. as well as in foreign markets. "We are delighted to have Joy Reznicek as part of our team and look forward to carrying on the tradition of integrity and good old-fashioned cow savvy that Joe Reznicek and his family worked so hard to establish," states Lamont Ennis of Southern Cattle Company.

Cow Creek Ranch will continue to operate in Aliceville, AL, as a stand-alone company focusing on its mission of producing environmentally adapted genetics with muscle mass and volume that can be comfortably maintained on a mostly forage-based diet. Cow Creek Ranch has created a strong brand name throughout the United States and Central and South America. Cow Creek Ranch's flagship is practical, efficient and profitable genetics such that the operation has positioned itself as a premier supplier of consistent, predictable Brangus and Ultrablack genetics./quote]

I think Cow Creek is interested in getting heavily and quickly into RFI efficiency. They are probably hitching up with them because they have the necessary infrastructure instead of making the investment themselves.

apical meristem":k5f0bo2m said:
I think Cow Creek is interested in getting heavily and quickly into RFI efficiency. They are probably hitching up with them because they have the necessary infrastructure instead of making the investment themselves.
Sounds like a good deal to me.

they had a very interesting episode of american rancher on RFD talking about the merger and both parties talked about how they thought they could benefit from this.

Latest posts