Country Sayings

Help Support CattleToday:

How about...

I'm on it like white on rice (or flies on sh _ _)

and

Who invited the whole fam damily?

How could I forgoet.

"I smell what you stepped in." When you understand someone.

When describing a dumb person:

If you gave him a penny for his thoughts, you would probably get change back.

If his brain were taxed, he would get a rebate.

Used to work with a guy who was extremely religious and never to my knowledge uttered a foul remark. Never heard anyone say this before but he would always say, "Holy snapping chalk lines" whenever something went bad or good. Unique at any rate.

when something dies it goes tits up.

when my dad doenst know where someone is he'll say they when to sh!t and the hogs got em

my boyfriend says happier than a dog with two peders.

between my dad boyfriend and the old guys i hang around i should be able to come up with more. i guess ill have to listen more closly. alot of you have already said the ones i know

Fine as frog hair
It's comin' a gully washer ( heavy rain)
It's comin' a frog strangler (heavy rain)
Friendly as a roll of barbed wire (somebody that's not nice)
Whatever peels your banana
Whatever cranks your tractor
Whatever floats your boat (All meaning, "each to his own")
Mad as an ol' wet hen
Mean as a snake
Lost as goose (don't know where you are)
Lost as Cooter Brown (referring to someone's spiritual condition)
Lost as ball in high weeds (confused)
Slick as owl doo doo on a door knob
In high cotton (things are going well)
Good Lord willin' and the creeks don't rise (I'll be there if nothing keeps me from it)
Nutty as a fruitcake (somebody that's crazy)
Sugar wouldn't melt in her mouth ( somebody that was nice to you even though you know she hates you)
As long as a month of Sundays

Cooter Brown is a name used in metaphors for drunkenness, mostly in the southern United States. Cooter Brown supposedly lived on the Mason-Dixon Line, which divided the North and South during the civil war, making him eligible for military draft by either side. He had family on both sides of the Mason-Dixon Line, so he did not want to fight in the war. He decided to get drunk and stay drunk for the duration of the war so that he would be seen as useless for military purposes and would not be drafted. Inebriety has been measured against Cooter Brown's extended binge ever since by use of the metaphors "as drunk as Cooter Brown" or "drunker than Cooter Brown."

There. My research on the fabled Cooter Brown.

Lammie":cexb2m9u said:
Cooter Brown is a name used in metaphors for drunkenness, mostly in the southern United States. Cooter Brown supposedly lived on the Mason-Dixon Line, which divided the North and South during the civil war, making him eligible for military draft by either side. He had family on both sides of the Mason-Dixon Line, so he did not want to fight in the war. He decided to get drunk and stay drunk for the duration of the war so that he would be seen as useless for military purposes and would not be drafted. Inebriety has been measured against Cooter Brown's extended binge ever since by use of the metaphors "as drunk as Cooter Brown" or "drunker than Cooter Brown."

There. My research on the fabled Cooter Brown.

Lammie that didn't work for me.
I got drunkier than ol cooter brown the night before I left for nam and still had to go.

Cal

Aint got enough sence to pull his head out of a foot of water to keep from drowning.
Red as a foxes a$$ in polk berry time.

Cal

Could have shi** through a screen door and never hit a wire
Back door trots.
Need to pi$$ as bad as a race horse
His brain is like a BB in a boxcar

Meaner than a junkyard dog

Shite fire and save matches

Suckin hind tit

So drunk he couldn't find his a$$ with both hands.

Her rear end was so big a jackrabbit would have to pack a lunch to hike across it.

He was so ugly his momma had to tie a pork chop round his neck so the dog would lick him,

Too stupid to come in out of the rain

So buck toothed she could eat corn thru a picket fence.

My Grandma refering to Roy Clark the singer" He could eat crackers in my bed anytime"

Latest posts