• $1.50 per bushel of corn

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
auctionboy":28h9vpl7 said:
somn":28h9vpl7 said:
auctionboy":28h9vpl7 said:
Cotton and sugar are not competing as livestock feed. It tends to make my cows act hyper.
So are you saying it is the livestock feeders fault for the rising cost of grains?
I think as corn gets higher it is replaced by other grains in rations and those other grains demand goes up so there price follows! The "fault" is all on corn based ethnol. I thought this was obvious?

At the price of wheat I think most people will stick with the low priced corn :lol: You should check the falling dollar and US grain exports. The world wide demand for grain has a lot more to do with the price than ethanol.

somn":wcrnm89v said:
mnmtranching":wcrnm89v said:
Wonder what it would be like to know "almost nothing about almost everything" :frowns:
Ok then all knowing what drives prices supply or acres? Do you see cotton or sugar rising? Are they not also planted on acres of land? Wonder why they haven't moved higher? Did you read sugarmans post or do you know more than him also. They have a positive stocks-to-use ratio and there demand is not rising. Keep working on an explanation about how roundup wears off.

No, actually sugarman knows things. It's sombody else that's out to lunch. :help:

mnmtranching":16728dfw said:
somn":16728dfw said:
mnmtranching":16728dfw said:
Wonder what it would be like to know "almost nothing about almost everything" :frowns:
Ok then all knowing what drives prices supply or acres? Do you see cotton or sugar rising? Are they not also planted on acres of land? Wonder why they haven't moved higher? Did you read sugarmans post or do you know more than him also. They have a positive stocks-to-use ratio and there demand is not rising. Keep working on an explanation about how roundup wears off.

No, actually sugarman knows things. It's sombody else that's out to lunch. :help:
correct me the first chance you get mnmtranching. Start with an explanation on how roundup wears off.

Mr Somn is sending me nasty PM's :shock: First time thing for me. :clap: :clap: :lol2:

mnmtranching":2hufkrdn said:
Mr Somn is sending me nasty PM's :shock: First time thing for me. :clap: :clap: :lol2:
Teacher teacher somebody is picking on me.

Why don't you just answer the question how is it roundup wears off?

Mr Somn, I'm going to have to say farewell for now, you are entertaining, BUT :roll: So full of nonsense.

Later. :tiphat:

mnmtranching":s4fxpwll said:
Mr Somn, I'm going to have to say farewell for now, you are entertaining, BUT :roll: So full of nonsense.

Later. :tiphat:
Good answer.

We could probably never settle the ethanol and grain S&D discussion but I think that high corn prices will eventually hurt even the guys that produce and sell it at those prices. Commodity prices are somewhat cyclical- but input costs continue to rise. I'm afraid that it will not be as easy for those costs to come down as it was for them to go up.

gerardplauche":1bneotb0 said:
Somn - Slow down before you blow a gasket.
If you take issue with something I said by all meens speak up. It is hard to be arguementative when I'm not sure what you want to argue about. Or are you concerned with my health. If so no need to be I'm as healthy as a can be the DOT just told me so.

somn":1y99hlyj said:
gerardplauche":1y99hlyj said:
If you take issue with something I said by all meens speak up. It is hard to be arguementative when I'm not sure what you want to argue about. Or are you concerned with my health. If so no need to be I'm as healthy as a can be the DOT just told me so.

Here's my issue. Why do you have to be arguementative on every board? I think you may deter people from posting ideas. Learn to take the good with the bad.

gerardplauche":29dy4ust said:
somn":29dy4ust said:
gerardplauche":29dy4ust said:

Here's my issue. Why do you have to be arguementative on every board? I think you may deter people from posting ideas. Learn to take the good with the bad.
So you think it is better to let people make up outrageous lies without being questioned so unkowing people can take these mistruths and assume them as proven facts? Some people come here to learn I'm sure they would rather learn the truth than a bunch of BS. I will question any BS everytime.

I've seen 20 ton per acre per cutting alfalfa yields,

I've seen where people make claims that roundup wears off,

I've even seen where a self proclaimed vet wondered were the penis was at on a heifer.

I've seen a guy make a almost $22 million dollar land swap and not even know what county the land was in.

I've seen where a guy said the best part about selling halves of beef through the locker plant is you don't need quality cattle to charge a premium.

I've seen were a guy went from farming with mules who talked like the biggest hillbilly you ever heard in your life in a weeks time buy the largest combine built in America along with the biggest tracked tractor made in America both new mind you. His grammer has come a complete circle from where it was now you would think he might even be from Los Angeles or somewhere trendy and almost hip hoppy.

I've seen where a young fella buys sick cattle at auction and sells them for slaughter within 36 days without inspection to unsuspecting consumers then will run down feedlot cattle where the meat is inspected for drug residues.

I've even seen once where a guy claimed to be able to feed cattle in a feedlot for $.85 per day but yet showed a sizeable loss the same year. ;-)Is this maybe where your issue with me starts?

However rough it comes out of my mouth you can bet it will be truthfull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts