Copper in water tanks

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Anyone try this to keep algae growth down?
I know copper is a natural algecide.
Jessie is out getting some more goldfish right now to help with the mosquito larvae.
Just curious if anyone has tied the coPper rods or copper tubes in the tanks

hooknline":26yp1zl9 said:
Anyone try this to keep algae growth down?
I know copper is a natural algecide.
Jessie is out getting some more goldfish right now to help with the mosquito larvae.
Just curious if anyone has tied the coPper rods or copper tubes in the tanks
No but I've used straight copper sulfate in stock tank to eliminate the algae.

Last year I used a small coil of # 12 copper wire in 125 gal stock tank . Did not cure problem with algae . At times I thought it might have slowed it down some. rj

Sounds like you got the inside track on all our energy woes. From what I've been hearing, all you gotta do is put that stuff in your truck and tractor and GO GO GO!! :lol2: :tiphat:

Algae is a big problem if you keep a fish pond! If you have access to BARLEY STRAW, and can somehow get it to flow through a bale or bag of barley straw at the in-put to your tank/outflow from the source, this will help alot with the big nasty string algae. The small-growth algae will happen anywhere water meets sun. And, yes, some goldfish will help keep that down. But you'll never get the small stuff gone, completely, without chemicals. And the small stuff hurts nothing -- just looks bad.

Latest posts