Cool Season Crops

Help Support CattleToday:

bolsen":3su8zciu said:
I do work for the King Ranch The King Ranch has outfits all over the world but then again you only think it's in TX don't you

I didn't realize the King Ranch had an operation up there. Please give us more info about it and tell us where it's headquartered.

Craig-TX

bolsen":bz5hm4pp said:
Our Weining weights on our bulls avg 760 and our heifers avg around around 600 yeah we creep feed

those are pretty good weights for weiners!

Our ranch is still headquartered out of Kingsville We run 2500brood cows year round we do alot of AI up here about 65% of the herd is AIed every year. We retain the top 20% of our heifer crop every year as replacements. We feedlot the majority of our bulls until they are about 18-20 months old then they get shipped to Kingsville for aditional testing and then they go through the Bull sale in March down in Kingsville.

Kingsville Tx I have a ton of pics but just not sure how to put them on here or I would have along time ago.

I don't know how either, but certherfbeef is kind enough to post them for me when I email them to her. If you will notice she is the one who posted Green Willows critters again and Green Willows bull. I can't volunteer for her.

Yeah txag volunteered to post them for me so i will have them posted as soon as i can get them all sent to her.

I planted some Purple Top Turnips & Kale this fall(Oct.) into a field that is planted w/ K31, ryegrass, and clover. Really haven't noticed the Kale.. but the Turnips really put out.. some as large as softballs. I didn't finish the fencing on this field.. so I've been pulling them by hand to feed. The steers have been eating-em up like candy. I used the grass seed box on an old Oliver Superier 76 grain drill.. the seeds are round.. I should have cranked "the feed rate" down some. I opted for the purple top.. but they do have forage turnips.. kale is suppose to be even more "winter" hardier then the turnips.

Latest posts