Contest - 'Sunrise/Sunset'

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
For every sunrise there is a sunset, some more spectacular and breathtaking than others. Capture either one on camera and enter our contest, you could be our next winner :D

The deadline for entries ends on 22 Oct 2018 @ 24h00, the voting poll will be held from 23 - 31 Oct. All entries to be submitted via personal message to alisonb. The winner will be announced on 1 November. If you wish to submit a 'landscape format' photograph instead of our usual 640x480 pix please feel free to do so. Please read the rules before entering...

Happy snapping!!

Putangitangi":v0eum155 said:
640x480 is landscape. :)
You are so right :D. The intention is to allow any rectangular format(horizantal orientation) 3:2, 4:3 or to whatever ratio the entrant may have cropped their pic to...not quite panoramic(3:1).

The max size of the auto-cropping thing seems to be 640px only on the width. So in the last comp there were 600x800 pictures, i.e. the auto-cropping max didn't do anything to the height. It matters because the resizing programs always stuff up the pixels! Better to do it before submission. Thought I'd share that unfortunate lesson I learnt. ;-)

Wow!!! 11 absolutely beautiful entries so far, this is going to be some contest. You will have to wait until Tuesday to see for yourself... :D

Latest posts