Connemara Stallion

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

This is the stallion I plan to use on my Connemara mare, posted earlier. I really like him, would like to see a bit more length in his neck, but he has the most amazing movement!!

IMG_0683.jpg

Quite a hunk! Maybe his neck appears 'short' because he hasn't missed any meals? And stallions do get that cresty thing going on their necks, don't they? Do you pasture breed or AI or what?

Killala":3bvy2f5s said:
This is the stallion I plan to use on my Connemara mare, posted earlier. I really like him, would like to see a bit more length in his neck, but he has the most amazing movement!!

IMG_0683.jpg

Nope - you are definitely wrong - but that is why we all have opinions - his neck is just right. This is a power animal - and his neck leads him into it.

Style schmylle - you got a good one.

What you use him for - besides breeding?

Bez!

He's not mine, belongs to the lady where I'm agisting my mare right now. Still believe he's a bit short in the neck, yes he has a HUGE crest there but for the performance animal he is there needs to be some more length(both his owner and I agree on this). But that's only a minor problem and we can all see past that, certainly nothing to keep anyone from using him. We've shown him in hand a few times... so far 100% success rate, each show gaining Grand/Supreme Champ. Like I said, you've just gotta see this boy move!! We really would like to see him out doing more, have had some interest in him, would be great to get him out doing pony dressage.
This guy really does epitomise what we want to see in a Connemara... I'm afraid a lot of the more modern ponies are heading too far towards the riding pony type and losing the features/characteristics that make them a Connie. Such as my mare, who is a bit too narrow for my liking, though not worryingly so. I'm hoping she and this boy will produce something worthwhile!!

Gale Seddon":2t3mh3b3 said:
Quite a hunk! Maybe his neck appears 'short' because he hasn't missed any meals? And stallions do get that cresty thing going on their necks, don't they? Do you pasture breed or AI or what?

His business so far has been paddock serving... has only served one mare to date though. He is rising 5 and was classified last year.

Latest posts