Our New TWH Stallion

Help Support CattleToday:

Running Arrow Bill

Reaction score
Wanted to share a photo of our new TWH Stallion who is standing at stud at Running Arrow Farm. We've also collected semen on him and frozen straws. His collection was 85% motility, so we were very pleased.

Even though he is TWHBEA registered as a "Palomino", his DNA color testing at University of Kentucky Lab are telling us something different. At this point in time, he is testing positive for the silver, agouti, and red/black genes. He also has a dorsal "Dun" stripe down his back as well as some "stripped" markings on his legs. Pending final official testing, and our extensive research on his offspring, we are tentatively classifying him as a "Silver Dapple Buckskin with Dun Markings". It's been very frustrating to get his TRUE official color nailed down!

nov2006tennesseetriptogetchance050.jpg

Any ideas from y'all?? :) [/img]

If he has a red/black genotype with no dilute gene the lighter color would be a product of the Dun gene hence eliminatingthe need for "buckskin". Does he have a dilute gene? Gray Gene? He is a handsome devil.

he's handsome!!

my mom has a mini that looks like the same color. he is listed as "silver daple bay" and i just double checked with my mom, he does not have the dun marking, does this help?

gUY rOB nice horse i mus say!
Well i dont know exactly what that horse breed is but i havent seen one of those before.
Are they a special breed from Murrurundi, NSW Australia?
Where i come from (texas) we have no horses with horns!
But if that what you prefer in Autralia then thats fine with me>

peg4x4":1331mkn2 said:
Good looking horse,no matter what color he is..

We received the "final" DNA results from University of Kentucky Lab: "Silver Dapple Buckskin".

We're looking forward to seeing his "Spring/Summer" coat appearance after he is brushed/shed out.

Running Arrow Bill":3vy67jdc said:
Waymoore":3vy67jdc said:
I'd still call him Fred

Ok...no offense...

But, are you into "grade" horses?

;-)
Not trying to insult your horse he is beautifull Just like simple names. My first job was on an Arabian ranch now that was a nighmare on names. Your horses are remarkable animals I have visited your website several times and your Longhorns are very nice Hopefully soon I will have the facilities in line to start my own heard.

Waymoore":2b0o1jlq said:
Running Arrow Bill":2b0o1jlq said:
Waymoore":2b0o1jlq said:
I'd still call him Fred

Ok...no offense...

But, are you into "grade" horses?

;-)
Not trying to insult your horse he is beautifull Just like simple names. My first job was on an Arabian ranch now that was a nighmare on names. Your horses are remarkable animals I have visited your website several times and your Longhorns are very nice Hopefully soon I will have the facilities in line to start my own heard.

Ok..thanks for your compliment! I just couldn't resist my "pun"? back at ya!

We're always open! Next time you're in our area, drop by for a visit.

Have a good one!

Latest posts