Yearling Connemara filly

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Some of you may have seen the photos I posted of this filly as a baby (she was bay then). Well, here's Grenada just on 12 months. Purebred Connemara Pony filly by Ben Dhui Diccon out of Exmoor Jamaica. Would appreciate comments!
(Sorry, it isn't the best picture. It's very difficult getting people to stand up horses properly!!)

grenada.JPG

I remember when you posted those pictures a while back. I would say that she is pretty mature looking for a 12 month old. I always am pretty reserve at commenting on young horses because it is so hard to tell how they are gonna turn out because the frame go through so many growth stages. But I like what I see here. I have been around a few Connemara's, they are nice horses, we have a cross at our barn now. A lot of the pure breds I see used as hunter ponys.

Thanks for your comments.
I think she will be a pretty handy riding pony. As far as breed type, well, I'm not terribly happy with her but I'll wait and see how she matures. She has never really exhibited enough type for me but who knows, maybe she'll surprise me! Connies take a while to grow out so here's hoping!!
The Connemara makes a fantastic hunter type, and they're crosses are valued as performance animals. I'd commend them to anyone (but maybe I'm a little biased! :oops: )

I have one I call Donkey Face. He is almost impossible to get a picture of with his ears forward.

Went to a cowboy challenge a couple weeks ago and saw a lady with two Connemara's. Both did all the obstacles like they had been doing it all their life. Maybe they had..............

Latest posts