Concrete Feed Bunks

Help Support CattleToday:

Chuckie

Reaction score
I found these concrete feed bunks on line that would last for a long time. The company, (http://www.wieserconcrete.com/H_bunks.htm) is in Wisconsin, so getting anything from them is out of the question. Has anyone ever ordered a form or mold for a trough or bunk? I have looked at every site and I cannot find any information. It would be nice if they sold the bunks in West Tennessee. I wonder if such a form can be purchased? Has anyone ever tried this before? Or where can these concrete products be purchased?

dun

Reaction score
Usually any of the companys that make concrete waterers/freeze proof also make concrete feed troughs. Check with your local NRCS office or feed store to see if there are local companys that manufacture them

dun

hillbilly

Reaction score
Also in our area most concrete companys that pour forms, culverts,septic tanks and the like also pour feeders, usually cheaper that poly feeders.
Last forever and a half. Heavy, hard to move.
We have a three point "fork" made from 2x3x1/4" rectangle tube that we use to move them with.

Hillbilly

OP
Chuckie

Chuckie

Reaction score
For some reason, I thought that the concrete companies having forms for bunk feeders would be in the past. All of the ones I did see, were antiques at someone else's place. Most were watering troughs Thanks for the information. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they have!

dun

Reaction score
The reason they look like antiques is because they last nearly forever.

dun

OP
Chuckie

Chuckie

Reaction score
dun, I hate to ask, but, what is the NRCS Office? After you tell me, I'll remember what it is!!

Latest posts